long first labor, fast second, what to expect for the third?

1st- 16 hours
2nd- 2 hours and made it to the hospital by 3 minutes

I'm nervous for what number 3 would be!

1st born at 39+3 was 9 hours from contraction to baby out

2nd born at 39+2 was 5 hours from bloody show to baby out

3rd born at 38+4 was 11 hours from when water started leaking to baby out but 2 hours from receiving pitocin to actually get contractions going to baby out. They started pitocin at 9am because I wasn't having regular contractions and he was born at 11:13am

I've only had one labor so far, but these posts are giving me hope. My first labor was 28 hours from first serious contraction to baby and I'm desperate for a shorter one this time!

36wk#1- from 11pm ( when contractions started) until birth at noon the next day
36wk#2- from 11pm ( when contractions started) until birth at 9pm the next day -- failure to progress on this baby
40wk#3- from 7am ( when contractions started) until birth at 930pm the same day.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm interested in this too as I had;

Baby no 1 - 16 hours with pitocin to induce due to preeclampsia
Baby no 2 - 3.5 hours having waters broken and going from 0 to holy maloney in just a few mins due to being 2 weeks over due!

My main worry is that my first ended in emcs and my second ended in forceps and episiotomy because both my children got stuck. If this labour is shorter and baby gets stuck I may not have made it to hospital!

#1 - 56 hours
#2 - 2.5 hours
I'm interested in what #3 would be! (We are TTC.)

Anecdotally (I'm a student midwife), third babies are faaaast, especially the second stage.

Thanks for the insight Feronia! Scary to think my 3rd may come even quicker than my 2nd (only 1 hour of contractions before I was fully dilated!!)

First baby: 40w2d -29hrs (when the contractions were 5 minutes apart to baby in arms)
Second baby: 40w - 8 hrs
Third baby: still waiting to see

First baby - 2 hours from water breaking to baby's in my arm.
Second baby - 1 hour 19 mins from contractions begin then waters broken when her head is out to baby's in my area.
Third baby - soon to be updated and I'm pretty nervous for another quick labour. Everything happens too fast for me.

First baby - 13 hours from first contraction. Waters broke about 4 hours before delivery.

Second baby - 6 hours from waters breaking, but only 3 hours from contractions starting.

Third baby - 14 hours from waters leaking, but 45 minutes from contractions starting.

I'm yet to have number 2 but was wondering what gestation people had their babies and if there was a trend? From the ladies who have added their gestation, it seems that babies were born roughly the same time.

DD was born 13 hours after pessery - 9 hours after contractions started, 2 and a half days after waters broke 😂, at 40+5.

I'm yet to have number 2 but was wondering what gestation people had their babies and if there was a trend? From the ladies who have added their gestation, it seems that babies were born roughly the same time.

DD was born 13 hours after pessery - 9 hours after contractions started, 2 and a half days after waters broke 😂, at 40+5.

Mine were 41+1 (1 day after sweep), 40 exactly (waters broke during sweep), then 39+5 (spontaneous).

I'm a midwife and I tell all my clients that the third baby is the wild card. It will either be longer than the first or shorter than the second!

So prepare for both! But the rule of thumb is as soon as contractions are consistent and getting stronger and closer together; head to the hospital. Better to be sent away then to have the baby unassisted or on the side of the road!

42 weeks (induced)
41 weeks (spontaneous)
40+5 (induced)

1: 42+2 took 24h
2: 40+3 took 5h
3: 40+4 took 9h
All three of them started with contractions.

1. 39 weeks (six day labor)
2. 40+1 weeks (six hour labor)

1. 36+1: 4 hours from the doctor breaking my water (I had pre-eclampsia with my first so was induced solely by breaking my water)
2. 37+2: 11 hours from water breaking

I have no idea what the third will be like. I remember feeling annoyed that my second took longer than my first as everyone said it would be shorter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->