Long haul flights & formula feeding

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score
Eeekk! :help:

We are flying to Australia this March :plane: & im really worried about how to organise my Daughters feeds :wacko:

She is on aptamil comfort & they dont do cartons! :dohh:

Also, how can I keep that many bottles sterile :wacko:

So much to think about :argh:

the bottles once sterilised and put together are sterile for 24 hours. As for making it im not sure what they will and wont allow on the plane, it may even vary from airline to airline.

speak to your airline. They should be able to tell you in exact detail. Comfort is a difficult one tho because it has to be mixed with hot water. x

Could you not try slowly weaning on to stage one apatmil before you go? May make things easier

Could you not try slowly weaning on to stage one apatmil before you go? May make things easier

It could make things easier....Unless it backfired & set off her silent reflux again :dohh:

I will re-asess how she is nearer the time though ~ thanks :flower:

Def phone the airline as usually they make you open one or more of the cartons too, so you might need to refridgerate quickly when on the plane. I'm not sure if they might let you take the powder formula? The hostesses will def give you hot water and your sealed bottles will be fine x

Thanks everyone :flower:

I have emailed the airline, so shall see what they say :coffee:

You can bring powder no problem, it's only liquids they care about. Here, I was told I could bring as much formula or food as I wanted for the baby.

Recieved a reply from the airline:
:plane:

please be advised that you can carry infant food, milk powder or your own made up formula in quantities that are sufficient enough for the duration of the flights (baby food/milk/formula does not fall under the restrictions for normal liquid and gel items in cabin baggage), however, you may be asked to taste it at security.

you can buy sterile bottles from boots, they are wrapped individual and disposable x

Dont know if you've gone yet but ive been reading up on it and aparently if you phone boots at whatever airport you're flying from they will order in cartons for you so you can collect after security and not run the risk of being made to taste it. Someone DH knows was made to open and taste ALL cartons and food and taste. They will only sell what they deem reasonable for the flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->