long periods, cycles getting longer, not sure what to do.

Cattia

Reaction score
For a year or so now my period has been long. I bleed for three or four days, then it stops for a day, then starts up again and I spot for a few more days so all in all my period lasts 8 or 9 days. I had a mc in Feb and now my cycles are getting longer. I am 16dpo today according to opk and charting my CM and I'm getting bfns apart from some evap lines a few days ago. Am wondering whether low progesterone or thyroid problems could be the cause, or maybe it's just one of those things. This is cycle 3 after my mc and I feel I'm getting nowhere, am also worried that if my hormones are screwed then getting pg again would end in another mc.

Hiya, didnt want to read and run. Really sorry for your loss :hugs: I cant offer any advice, I was just about to post a similar thread too.. my cycles are a bit irregular as I have pcos but this month I have had a crazy long period and its still going strong at cd8, usually never longer than 5/6 days. Its freaking me out! Hope you dont mind me asking but what is the longest period you have had and are they really heavy? Mine have been crazy heavy since stopping the pill in dec. Im also ttc #3. Might be worth atrip to your dr if you are worried, they might be able to do some hormone tests? Do u get pain with your periods too? x

Hiya, my periods have been kind of out of whack since I stopped breastfeeding my son two years ago. When they first came back they were super heavy and would stop then start up again. Now they are lighter and they stop for maybe a day after day five, then come back day 6-8. 9 days is my longest, with the last four days being brown spotting. I've been to the Dr who said it's normal for periods to change and I think put it down to my age as I'm now 37. I was worried my fertility was decreasing but I got pregnant easily back in Jan then mc in Feb. After my mc I asked about having my progesterone checked but was told they don't test it unless you've had multiple loses and that was my first. I don't really want to have a couple more before anyone looks into it so I've considered going private but have no idea where to go or how much it would cost. Is your bleeding heavy all the way through or does it turn to spotting at the end? My periods aren't painful and I know I don't have cysts or anything as they confirmed that when I had a scam after my mc.

Hopefully you will conceive easily again and your periods arent an indication of anything being wrong, typical they won't investigate :( Do u track ov and the length of your lp, do they all seem normal? My periods are typically heavy for first 2/3 days then light to spotting by day 5/6. This month I thought my period was getting lighter at day 4 but then got super heavy again and still heavy today at day 8. It started off painful too which isnt normal, could it be a sign of cysts? Not sure how long I can bleed for before there is a def problem?

I'm not sure, could be cysts but also I think sometimes you just get a weird cycle. My AF arrived today and is super heavy with clots so am wondering if I actually might have had a chemical this cycle as I had a heap of evap lines. My lp typically seems to be around 14 days but was 15 last mnth nd 16 this month, however I don't temp so this is only going on tracking my CM. I do get ovulation pain though which is a handy indicator! Hopefully your next cycle things will be back to normal for you x

Hi My AF is like that .. I read that you don't include the spotting after the proper bleed..x.

Check out this site on when to test. Hope it helps.

https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->