LONG - some advice needed please.

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, Just wanting to understand my options a bit, I have only been TTC for about 5 months, and LO is only 8 months lol, but since having him i have had major problems, and GP has refered me (almost 2 months ago and heard nothing yet:nope:) but basically told me that I should give up the idea of TTC and should be lucky i have one.

Spoke about Long term birth control or hysterectomy.

I have basically bleed constantly since having baby, i occasionally stop for 1 week and if i am lucky 2.

My question is will the hospital do anything as i have already had a baby, or will they tell me to forget about babies too?:cry:

Hiya Hun,

I know my PCT won't fund fertility treatment if you already have children/child, I have been TTC for nearly a year with OH, we recently found out that he has a low sperm count, but because I have children from my late husband they won't fund any IVF/IUI.
Not too sure that this is the practice of all PCT's but it seems likely that it is.

Hope you manage to get some answers soon.

All the best to you

Tina :flower:

I think you should keep trying if you want another one! No one can tell you when you're done, and if one doctor won't help you- try another! Good Luck!

It might help to go on the pill for a few months to try to regulate you then go off of it? Its a guess but its what they recommend to get your cycles going again after the Depo so why wouldn't it work if you have the opposite problem but need the same desired result? Its an idea and prob wouldn't hurt to try if they are talking like that also that has got to be uncomfortable bleeding all that time! But I wouldn't worry too badly as you haven't been ttc #2 for very long! Also are you bf? Breastfeeding can keep you from getting pregnant (something about hormones that are released while you are nursing idk just something i heard)! GL

thanks ladies, I only breast fed for a month so its not that.

I am at the point when i would do anything to stop the bleeding! but doctors seem to have washed their hands of me, and been waiting 2 months to hear from hospital. dont know what to do! its been 8 months of almost constant bleeding and my body just isnt coping anymore.

I would deff try to go on the pill for a while it should regulate you pretty well! If it doesn't then I'd start worrying but start with being on the pill for a few months and see if you can't get regulated!

yeah, the reason the doctors didnt do that is i was on the pill since i was 12 because i have always had problems but never this bad. It got to the point where they werent strong enough to do anything, so think thats why they havent tried it, they think it will just be the same.

I would contact an infertility center with a reproductive endocrinologist. They speacilize in these areas. Not a reg GP I hope this helps

thanks ladies, i am having tests and moving away in 2 weeks so will be in a whole new area, so will just leave things until then! if no one listens this time i will go private! thanks ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->