long term bleeding after cytotec

babyonmymind

Reaction score
I know that everyone is different, just thought I'd see if there was anyone I could relate to. The miscarriage has been hard on me emotionally. If anyone has their own tips for how they got through it, so far all I've heard is pick up smoking or drinking, yeah that's not going to happen.

I successfully took Cytotec after a miscarriage at 8 weeks, the first time it didn't work(I think due to user error), but the second time(when the Dr. inserted it) it worked just as it said it would. The cramping and bleeding let up after the first 24 hours, then I was spotting for the next 3 days. On the 3rd day I started having cramping(not as bad as the first 24 hours of cytotec) and heavier bleeding. I have now been bleeding for 6 days with minor cramping. I was just wondering if it was my menstrual cycle? My husband and I are very eager to start trying again, and were told after the first normal cycle we could. I also want to make sure that there isn't anything wrong.

I know this is a question for my Dr, but I don't have one specific Dr. due to being active military. So for all my m/c appointments I've seen different people. The Dr that I had at my last appointment didn't really give me a clear answer, I wasn't too fond of him anyways, and the clinic refuses to answer any questions over the phone. I'm trying to avoid the horendous drive to go back.....again.

I'm not sure my dear.. I doubt it's AF though .. from what I understand ~ you're supposed to be completely spotting/bleeding free for 20 days before it's really AF. I hope you get some answers! :hugs:

I think this would still count as being part of the MC I'm afraid. If i've read your post right you are now 9 days after the second lot of cytotec?
The good thing is you can start to TTC after the bleeding has stopped. Although doctors advuse to wait a for a normal cycle, this is to make it easier to work out your dates.
Best of luck

i dont think its your AF there would be a decent amount of a spotting/bleeding free gap inbetween..ive been bleeding now for 7weeks now its turned heavy im not counting it as my AF till i have a gap but maybe just call your doctor and see what they say..?

its been 30 days and i am still bleeding. i took cycotec orally exactly 30 days ago. i feel cramps in my legs and pain in stomach. the bleeding dont stop. few days back it reduced to single spot but then it started again. i am living at a place where this type of medical advice is not easy to get......plz advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->