Long time reader, Looking for some support

Emerald87

Mummy to a perfect girl
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I'll start off by introducing myself. My name is Emerald. I'm a medical student from Australia. I have been with my husband since I was 15 and we've been married for 3 years next week.
I am 24 now and a few months ago at the age of 23 I found out I have premature ovarian failure. The doctor pretty much said "it's now or never" so I've had to put my medical education on hold to try to have a baby. I literally only have a matter of months to conceive before I go through Menopause and lose my chance forever.

With no success so far.

I'm not usually a forum poster (I am an avid reader but I feel like I can't really contribute as much as the more experienced ladies) but I just wanted to join up with some people who are in a similar situation. I've got friends who have recently conceived (Who I am happy for) who just keep complaining about pregnancy symptoms. They're really not much help at the moment so I'm reaching out. I also wanted to support some other women in a similar situation.

The evil which just got me today so I'm feeling extremely low. DH is at work so I'm sitting around contemplating what to do.

Down to business - I have been given the option to start Clomid this cycle. It is not guaranteed to work for me (due to my extremely low follicular count) however right now I'm willing to try anything.
Among others who are just willing to chat, are there any successful Clomid users floating around? How many cycles did it take you? Did you end up with multiples?

If you've made it this far through my long-winded post, Thanks!

Good luck everyone for their BFPs!

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck. :hugs: There are lots of ladies on here who can share Clomid success stories with you. I hope that you get your BFP soon, and are able to go on to continue medical school since I'm sure you've worked very hard to get this far!! Good luck. :dust:

Welcome to BnB! I have a clomid success story for you...actually two. My daughter was conceived on clomid 50 mg after two cycles, my son was conceived on clomid 50 mg after 1 cycle. I am currently ttc, taking clomid again. On my first 50 mg cycle although pretty sure this month is not going to be it. My 21 day progesterone level was only 6.66. After my new cycle starts I'm supposed to call and get my refill and we are going to try 50 mg again since it has worked in the past.

Good luck on your TTC journey! Hopefully it'll be a short one for you!

Welcome to BnB! I have a clomid success story for you...actually two. My daughter was conceived on clomid 50 mg after two cycles, my son was conceived on clomid 50 mg after 1 cycle. I am currently ttc, taking clomid again. On my first 50 mg cycle although pretty sure this month is not going to be it. My 21 day progesterone level was only 6.66. After my new cycle starts I'm supposed to call and get my refill and we are going to try 50 mg again since it has worked in the past.

Good luck on your TTC journey! Hopefully it'll be a short one for you!

Do most doctors put you on Clomid right away when you're TTC #2, if you needed it to conceive #1??

Emerald87 so sorry to hear:hugs: I can't give you any advise but I hope you get a bfp!!

Mine did! When I went in for my yearly pap smear I told him that I was ready to start trying again. He went ahead and gave me my prescription and told me to fill it the month I was ready.

Mine did! When I went in for my yearly pap smear I told him that I was ready to start trying again. He went ahead and gave me my prescription and told me to fill it the month I was ready.

Good to know! :) Look at me, thinking about TTC #2 when I haven't even gotten #1. Hahahaha. :dohh:

Emerald87 so sorry to hear:hugs: I can't give you any advise but I hope you get a bfp!!

Thanks, and you too.

BTW, what is that delicious looking food in your profile pic? The witch is making me crave sweet things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->