Longies.....

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Ok, can someone tell me what they are for?
I like some of them but am not sure what purpose they fill...

do boys look ok with them on?

I have no idea... and I had no idea what they were so I wandered off to google.

I still dont really no, but look how awesome these are! lol

https://www.crankypantshome.com/hand-knit/images/longies-shorties/longiescustom01.jpg

Now you will tell me googlie lied and im babbling about something completely different :p

They are the same as a wrap - to go over fitted nappies :) Wool is a very breathable material and some people prefer wool to anything else (PUL, fleece etc). You can get longies, shorties, soakers, skirties, crops. Boys look fab with them on, seen some lovely mixes of colours :)

Ohhh Lucy they are lush! Gimme the linky!

So I could use these over his WN night notions instead of a wrap? Wont be soaked by morning?

Ohhh Lucy they are lush! Gimme the linky!

So I could use these over his WN night notions instead of a wrap? Wont be soaked by morning?

Gotta love google :p

https://www.crankypantshome.com/hand-knit/longies-shorties/custom.html

they are custom ones...not looked on rest of site tho! Dont dare incase I shop lol

In theory no they won't be soaked Jac and i know lots of people that swear by them, but neither wool or fleece worked for Imi x

they will only be good for night time use after a good few lanolises but you can get away with them during the day when they are new, leyla wears hers over her fitted nappies and they work well, she is ever so slightly damp in the morning as obv they are not waterproof as such, they help the wee evaporate or something, during the day they dont even get slightly damp cso she is moving around too much

x

Do they get the mattress wet? I've been wondering how wool and fleece can let wee evaporate without the bed getting wet!

Imi was in her sleeping bag and that and her cot were damp, not soaked by any means but enough for me to not use them again x

I read someone comment once that wool is only as good as the fitted diaper underneath so if your LO is a heavy wetter, you'd probably have to super boost your fitted. We've never really got on well with nighttime cloth for that reason too. I sometimes use it for naps though since I like the idea of a breathable wrap... and after spending all the time knitting and crocheting Emma's longies, I feel like I better use them, lol :)

Wool contains Leyla's mega night wees better than PUL. I'd normally say that if they're leaking you either need to lanolise them more or the nappy underneath isn't absorbant enough.

The bed doesn't get wet because the wee evaporating is like anything else evaporating I suppose. If you get a bit sweaty in bed, you normally don't end up with a wet bed, same idea I think.

oh yeh you do need to use a good nappy underneath, its not like pul where you can put a not so good nappy underneath then it will all be held in anyways, they are better for super boosted nappies, we put them over bumhuggers with an extra mf cloth in the pocket and we have never been more than ever so slightly damp, the matress and sleeping bag, and even trousers over the top, have all been bone dry still

x

I have no idea... and I had no idea what they were so I wandered off to google.

I still dont really no, but look how awesome these are! lol

https://www.crankypantshome.com/hand-knit/images/longies-shorties/longiescustom01.jpg

Now you will tell me googlie lied and im babbling about something completely different :p

These are awesome! I want some! (trying to think if I could convince my MIL to knit me something like this!!!!!)

haha theyre cute arent they, i think pumpkin pants do them aswell (think thats the name)

x

ok so have just checked and i think i meant marmalade baby :dohh: she has a blog and makes some of the cutest stuff!!!

just been looking at marmalade babys blog, her stuff is amazing! I'm tempted to buy some!

i know its gorgeous isnt it, i follow her on blogpost and constantly drool lol

x

Are you not tempted to try making some like this PE? I'd buy them if you do! I saw some of your bee longies somewhere and was very tempted! I don't even use wool!

the problem is that i HATE knitting lol, i can do it but i just dont enjoy it, all of my wool is crocheted and you cant really get the same effect with crochet :(

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->