Looking at Moses baskets in the uk cant decide- Which ones have you got?

Bumpnthree

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I'm looking at buying a Moses basket but there is so much choice I can't decide.

I'd like either a white cream or pale green one if poss any one know of any nice ones or any uk websites I can look on to find a nice one?

I've got this one https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Loved-So-Much-Moses-Basket/453845,default,pd.html

I got a Claire de Lune one. It's got pink frills (but in a nice way!) and a rocking stand.

If you have a look on the bounty offers site, theres some on there that are quite nice.

https://www.mothercare.com/Little-Bird-by-Jools-Moses-Basket/455005,default,pd.html?singlehit=true

Ive got this one.... only because i won it through mothercare lol its lovely though!

I got my Moses basket and rocking stand in the Asda baby and toddler event and love it :)

Babies R Us do a nice white one. It's the Starry Night range. I personally don't really like Moses baskets so I've got a crib instead x

Oh! The mothercare snug! I was looking at that. Is it a bit bigger than some of the other baskets do you think? How long to you think it will last?

Yeah Ive looked at the start night one looks very nice only wondered if it might be small as worried coz my last baby was only in his three weeks!

If you have a cat don't get a wicker one! LOL :haha:

Personally wouldn't bother (so much so I've just sold the one I had for Earl - it never got used for Eddy lol).

I'd go for a crib at a push, or a cot if you have the space. A lot more sturdy, spacious and last longer. :thumbup:

We just got ours from Argos. It's just a basket and a cheap foam mattress, so not worth splashing out on, especially if you have a big baby. My daughter is only 9th centile, so she's really small, but if we were even using it still she'd be outgrowing it by now (3 months). Honestly, we never really used ours except for the first week. A baby wrap was much more useful. It's now a glorified toy basket!

I got a cheap second hand one to use downstairs from a friend, but bought a gliding crib for our room so she'd be in it a lot longer x

I've got this John Lewis Waffle one from our first baby. I've also bought this rocking stand this time, as I want the rocking to be from side to side, not head to toe:

https://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/231558689?$prod_main$

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/11BNG72KlKL.jpg

Mine was a second hand one for a £5 off a friend! Just for downstairs sleeping in the first few weeks / months.

Upstairs - straigh into cotbed.

I'm not bothering, none of mine liked theirs :( some are so pretty!

I had the I Love My Bear one from Babies R Us, when I had my son - I loved it, he didn't! Plus he was a big baby so only used it for the first month or so:dohh:

So this time we've gone for a swinging crib instead, a bit more roomy but not as big as cot bed so hopefully will get more use out of it this time - esp for the money you pay for either of them lol

x

I got a wicker (not plaited palm leaf as most are these days), top end one from a charity shop with brand new mattress included for a mere £4.95, could not believe it! The basket itself was in almost perfect condition too except for the white coating on one of the leather handles has cracked ever so slightly. It didnt have a cover but I got a thick velour cover and liner in one from eBay, again brand new for £10, and the bedding I got a 2 pack of microfleece blankets from Argos for only £6, and the sheet cost about 70p, as I got a big king size sheet and made loads of sheets from it. So in total the whole thing cost £19, it doesn't have a hood as the moses' basket hoods are pretty useless anyway and rarely stay up and I prefer the look of them without. I had a stand from last time as well so am going to use it again. Xx

I bought this one in Ken Black (do you have that in UK?) It would be the same as Smyths!!! I have a cot in the nursery done in pink but the moses basket is cream and white to math my bedroom haha...

image5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->