looking crap

twobecome3

One and one on the way
Reaction score
so I had a good look at myself today, :wacko:. could be worse mind you, I was lucky enough not to get any stretchmarks, and im back to pre-preg weight. but I look like crap :haha::haha: super dry body skin, pimply face, hair is crazy dry frizz mess, an odd rash on the tops of my arms, glaringly sleep deprived, and wrinkly stomach. im eating the same foods, taking prenatals, drinking a tonne of water still. is this just temporary or is this my permanent state of being now ??

so I had a good look at myself today, :wacko:. could be worse mind you, I was lucky enough not to get any stretchmarks, and im back to pre-preg weight. but I look like crap :haha::haha: super dry body skin, pimply face, hair is crazy dry frizz mess, an odd rash on the tops of my arms, glaringly sleep deprived, and wrinkly stomach. im eating the same foods, taking prenatals, drinking a tonne of water still. is this just temporary or is this my permanent state of being now ??

I think some of it is temporary, like the hair, rash and spots, your LO is still tiny and its still all of the hormones working their way back to normal.

The sleep deprived look will be with you for another 18 years :haha:

I still have a wrinkly stomach, I need to start doing sit ups and abdominal workouts to try and shift that, I go to zumba too but don't think that's enough.

To be honest, I know I look like crap but I'm that busy running around all day I just don't care, my poor OH no longer has his preened wife!

Xx

I feel your pain! I think sleep deprivation is the worst.. it just magnifies everything.. don't know if this will help or not:
- Dry skin: baby oil while your skin is still wet then just towel it off. I suggest you do this on a towel to avoid slipping. Internally maybe try adding olive oil to food or nuts.
- Dry frizzy hair: you can try washing only with conditioner, or wash, rinse, condition and put a shower cap over conditioned hair while you shower then rinse out right at the end.
- Spots: I find a dab of concealer on them makes a difference to my mood. It doesn't fix the problem but it makes it easier to bare until it gies away!

I find taking 10 mins to look presentable in the morning makes me feel so much better :)

HTH!

thanks ill have to try those suggestions!

it sucks its like everythings changed, the lotion ive always used does nothing now. and I never had sensitive skin before and now im always randomly itchy and red spots come and go daily, my deodorants causing a reaction now :wacko:

I do my eye makeup every morning and just brush my hair and put it up. debating cutting it as its so crap but ive been trying to grow it out so im hesitant. def gonna pick up some undereye concealer this week.

I miss being low maintenance.

I bought a zumba game for the wii! I havnt started it yet tho I want to wait til my stitches are for sure healed :haha: ive just been walking around the neighborhood with LO strapped to me. i think my ab muscles separated during pregnancy? ive been flexing them during the day to slowly build them back up. its the skin on top of them that's wrinkly tho, so it seems like working the muscles wont take it away.

I'm 6 months pp and somedays I look HORRIBLE! Bless my dh for actually still telling me those days I am beautiful! It's just hard to look sexy when I'm exhausted, laying on the floor with the kids, running after them, getting spit up on, ECT. But at least once a week I force myself to get pretty...full makeup, hair and outfit...for oh's sake and my own self esteem!

Also I recommend baby oil for your skin if you aren't allergic. Sadly I'm super allergic to it so I use coconut oil...wonderful alternative!

Don't cut your hair! It will be a disaster trying to put it up (too short for a pony tail to stay put). Also short hair needs to be styled to look decent long hair can always be made to look good even if it's just pinning it into a bun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->