looking for a chickpea recipe

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows any cold chickpea serving ideas? What else can you mix with them? I LOVE chickpeas :D

I like putting them in a salad with tomatos, lettuce, cucumber and a honey mustard dressing (olive oil, lemon, honey, grain mustard and salt and pepper to taste).

I also like to make a chicken dish, where you marinate the chicken in lime and sweet chilli sauce with some olive oil, then cook with tomatos and chick peas. Mmmm. Haven't done that in ages.

Oh and of course you could make your own humus :) Just need some tahini, olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper, I'll try and find my recipe.

This is the one I usually use, forgot to mention you need garlic :dohh: https://fcorpet.free.fr/HumusRecipe.html

Wasabi Chickpeas

These zesty chickpeas satisfy a craving for a savoury chip like snack. Put them out in bowls for a party or have some on hand for an afternoon snack.

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Wasabi Powder
1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/2 teaspoon Each salt and freshly ground pepper
2 Cans Chickpeas, drained and rinsed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Faranheit. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, wasabi powder, mustard, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Stir in Chickpeas, tossing to coat well. Spread mixture in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.

Makes about 3 cups. Store in airtight container up to 3 days.

Wasabi Chickpeas

These zesty chickpeas satisfy a craving for a savoury chip like snack. Put them out in bowls for a party or have some on hand for an afternoon snack.

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Wasabi Powder
1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/2 teaspoon Each salt and freshly ground pepper
2 Cans Chickpeas, drained and rinsed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Faranheit. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, wasabi powder, mustard, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Stir in Chickpeas, tossing to coat well. Spread mixture in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.

Makes about 3 cups. Store in airtight container up to 3 days.

O.M.G I bow to you!!!

Thanks guys!!! :D

There is one recipe that is a cold mix I am thinking of... cant remember where I had it...

Although I think Id eat chickpeas by themselves cause they are so good... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->