Looking for a job in third tri. :/ Advice?

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
We were recently forced to get a loan on a car after we have had 4 older cars break down this year and decided not to waste any more money on cheap cars. Well, in order to meet the car payments the money has to come from somewhere and due to the fact that my husband and i both pay for child support, health insurance, and all of the bills for our home (which included caring for my husbands disabled father) we never have excess money. So, if we want to meet those payments and also give the kids a decent christmas we have to find more money asap so im forced to face the fact that i need to find a job.

I'm not sure how we will work out a sitter for my 14 month old, but i dont see any choice.
I am thinking a job where i can make tips is best because i will have take home money everg day so we wont have to wait 2-3 weeks for any money.

Furthermore, as a waitress i think i would make good tips and as a delivery driver it would be fairy easy.

Thoughts on this? Advice for getting a job in a restaurant when i havent worked in one since i was a teen? Lol.

Or even words of encouragement are welcomed.

My husbamd doesnt want me to work because he is worried about me (i have ptsd) but my disability money doesnt even come close to enough to help. I feel like i have to try...

I haven't had any luck, as I'm in a small town and everyone and their dog knew I was prego before I even started to show. But you might try anywhere in retail as most places are still hiring for seasonal right now and since they usually let those employees go after the first of the year (after the returns slow down) they wouldn't be as hesitant to hire someone that is pregnant and due after that time frame.

As for restaurants I really don't have much advice there. Maybe a Pizza hut or somewhere? I had an Ex a few years back who managed one, and every once in a while would have to do the deliveries on a weekends and he'd pull in at least $100 per night in tips on the weekends. I'd be worried about doing that much driving through the winter months though, and waddling around pregnant on the icy sidewalks, I have a feeling it's going to be a rough one. I tried to get into waitressing a few years back when I did live in a city and had no luck as I didn't have the experience (a bit of a catch 22 there) but if you did it when you were younger, maybe the references would help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->