Looking for advice from those who have had c section before

frustrated11

baby#2 on the way!
Reaction score
My DH wants our son to be at the hospital to meet his sister soon after delivery. I want the same, since I know how excited he is. He is always kissing, and talking to my belly. He even gets excited to hear her heart at appointments. Pretty amazing for a 3 yr old. My mother in law will most likely have him night before surgery. She mentioned him not going till the next day, since I will be drowsy and out of it from morphine. After thinking about it, I am wondering if my condition will make him feel concerned. I mentioned it to DH, but he had no comment at all. I feel bad wanting to hold off, is it a good idea? I feel so guilty making my son wait a day. Any advice??

To be honest it depends on your hospitals policy as to when you can have visitors (including young children).

My sister and DH were at the hospital for my labour but I ended up needing an EMCS - DH was allowed in theatre and my sister saw LO and I up to the ward with him but then they were sent home as it was 5am.

They were then allowed back from about 10am (If my memories serves me right! :dohh:) My dad came up with them and then 2 close friends came too. So I think your DS will be allowed providing it is visiting hours.

I think he'd be ok to see you - my section was quite traumatic but I just looked very tierd. I'm sure you'll know what is for the best on the day :hugs:

I don't see why he couldn't visit you! I had an emergency section and enjoyed the 3 hours after to bond, feed, get cleaned up and get a bit of feeling in my lower half before going to the ward, but once there other than being confined to bed and a little sore it wasn't that bad.... Not sure of your circumstance as I was never given meds that made me drowsy, but it won't be a long visit so I don't see why its not possible

I don't see why not. After they get you settled in your room and stuff and it's in visiting hours. I had visitors after I had Hunter but not until the morning. I had him at 2:26am.
I wasn't loopy at all once they got me out of recovery. I was so jacked on adrenilline (sp) I didn't even sleep til that night after being up for 36 hours.:yipee:

I'm also in the US. I had my section in the evening, so only my parents came to visit that night b/c I wasn't in my room until after 10 p.m. or so.

I had visitors the next day. I would find out the policy at the hospital, but I honestly was fine to talk to people that night! I think you'll be okay if he comes to visit. He sounds so caring!

I had my section under a spinal, and at no point did I feel out of it really. I didn't get morphine though, just codeine and the spinal anaesthetic. I was drowsy about 3 hours afterwards, but I just napped and when anyone came in I woke up again.

I couldn't see why people won't be able to visit. I am hoping my daughter will be able to visit as soon as she can as shes never been away for days or anything from me. I pretty sure she just can't be sick and needs to be in visiting hours.

Well at my hospital my kids got to see our newest right in the recovery room!! Even when our 2nd baby was in the NICU, his big sister got to see him straight away. Even if your hospital doesnt let her come in in the recovery room. Visitors can come right when you get to your room. Which isn't very long. I wouldnt worry about being too doped up on Morphine. Your baby is gonna need you...that will wake you up and you'll have that adrenaline going. Plus, the nurses tend to under medicate rather then over. LOL

I had my daughter at 2.15. Was back on the ward by 4 and had a lot of visitors between 5 and 7.

I had a spinal and felt fine throughout it all, just a little tired.

Thank you all. It was a different situation with DS, I hope this one goes better.

I had my son at the hospital when I had my cesarean section -- he was with a nurse, than my father in law when he arrived. He was brought to me as soon as I was in my own room. He stayed the night with me and my husband during my hospital stay too. :) I only had Ibuprofen, so I wasn't drowsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->