Looking for an unusual boys name

jellytot3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi :)

Me and my husband love the name Ozzy for our little boy but alot of people keep slating it :(
I know we shouldnt take any notice but I dont want people thinking he has a stupid name.

Firstly, what are your opinions on Ozzy? Honest opinions please! :flower:
Secondly, can any of you think of other unusual/less used boys names? I really dislike boring names or anything that sounds foreign (im not a fan of english kids with foreign names, it looks weird..just my personal opinion, sorry if i offend anyone!)

x

I can't think of Ozzy without thinking Osbourne............ sorry hun. If you want to call your son Ozzy then go for it :thumbup: I suppose people will say the same about the name I've picked, Leah - Princess comes to mind but we're pronouncing it differently lol.

How about Beau? Kian? Coban? Zakoiya? xxx

You could always give him a name that you can shorten to Ozzy as a nickname? Although the only one I can think of is Osborne or Oswald!!!!

I really like Beau Claire!

Maybe Oscar with nickname ozzy ?
Austin azzy ? Said Ozzie
Oscan
Osric

I love the name ozzy a mom on here has a little boy named Ozzie!! :) my sons name is Zander and I got all kinds of opinions on it before he was born but now he is 16 months old its his name no one questions it he has made it his own and my family and friends couldn't imagine him being called anything but Zander :) if you love it go for it :)

I like the name Ozzy, if you wanna call your child that then i agree with Claire and Letia, go for it dont let anyone dictate what you call your son. But if you want suggestions here you go.

Titus
Ashton
Jayden
Kaleb
Holland
Addison
Brice
Leopold
Logan
Trent
Bailey
Leroy

Ozzy is a lovely name really cute! :D

my LO is Jesse everyone hated it before he was born now i cant imagine any other name for him, its not popular in UK at all, never known anyone with it and when i looked there were only 248 babies registered Jesse in 2008!

our mmc we called Hiro (bloody myleene klass has nicked it now) and we are planning to use this as a middle name for any future baby,

i want Sirius for a boy this time like out of harry potter haha but OH doesnt want it haha

Sirius Hiro sounds good to me though!!

If you like it, go for it :thumbup:

Since you asked for honest opinions, though... mine is that i don't like Ozzy as a name... maybe ok for a nickname. Also, way too strongly associated with Ozzy Osbourne, which is a negative association...

Additional Suggestions:

Reggie
Lennon
Paxton
Greyson
Dalton
Malachi
Trevor
Liam
Arlo
Rocco
Oliver
Carson

I would use Ozzy as a nickname rather than a given name.

What about
Silas
Wilfred (Wilf is such a great nickname)
Rufus
Amos

i want Sirius for a boy this time like out of harry potter haha but OH doesnt want it haha

Sirius Hiro sounds good to me though!!

:thumbup: Same here, I love the name Sirius, but OH isn't keen. I love Hiro too.

Thanks for all the opinions and suggestions :)
Before we decided we liked Ozzy, we had the name Oscar. Could this be shortened to Ozzy?
x

i dont see why not. . . Oscar --> Ozzy . . . . yeah

I'd say so! Youi may find after he's born you don't want to shorten it, that happened to me. People kept saying 'you'll call him J or jayjay, you'll never just call him Jayden' 3 years on I'm yet to call him Jay lol. But, if you love the name then go for it :thumbup: xxx

my son is called dainton .i named him this becuase it was very diffrent and my midwife said in 23 years of being a midwife she had never heard the name before xxx

my son is called dainton .i named him this becuase it was very diffrent and my midwife said in 23 years of being a midwife she had never heard the name before xxx

Dainton??? how is it pronounced??

There was an Ozzie in my year in school except I think his real name was James or something :dohh: I love Rufus and Liam :thumbup:

I was going to suggest Rufus - I totally love it but it just doesn't go with our last name :cry:.

I think Oscar on the birth certificate and Ozzy at home would be a great way to keep everyone happy, but then, it's only you that needs to be happy really, s0d everyone else!!!

Other unusual but not too wacky options could be:
Barnaby (Barney)
Bertie
Rowan
Logan
Caleb
Raffin
Dougal

Ok so i think we have decided on Oscar :) thanks for all your input.

I find myself shortening my kids names all the time, Lily is Lil, Willow is Will and when Im flustered/not with it one of them gets called Willy, haha.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->