Looking for bump buddy *due date 29th May*

akimo01

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am expecting my 1st baby and due to the online calculator, it is due on 29th May.
I can't really speak to anyone yet about it and it is driving me CRAZY so I am looking for someone who's due around my due date and who'd want to share their experience.

Cheers

xxxxx

Hi! I know exactly how you feel!! According to my own estimation of my conception date and using the online calculator, I am due May 30. I go for a scan on October 15 to determine the correct calculations. I only went off BCP 2 months ago, so I never did miss AF. I went to my doctor this week to find out if there was a reason why I hadn't had a period yet and told him I'd had a neg. PT in August. He said let's do another test to be sure. I almost fell off my chair when he came back in the room and said "Congratulations!" I had to come home and do a HPT, just in case HE made a mistake... I'm so skeptical... But the 2 pink lines are unmistakable. My husband thought I was crazy for taking a picture of the stick. (I am so glad to see your photo and know I am not the only one!)

Anyway, I apologize for blathering on and on... I have been nervous, anxious, excited, and desperate to share my news as well. I don't want to make it official yet (just in case... knock on wood) Only my husband knows and talking to him isn't the same as sharing with a gf.

All that said - I would love to be your bump buddy and share this crazy, amazing journey with you!

Hi CdnSunshine,

YES, I WILL BE YOUR BUMP BUDDY!!!

ok, first of all, congratulations on your :bfp: !!!!!!!!!!! It is both frightening and exciting - especially for us, first timers :winkwink:

No, you are not crazy for taking pictures of your stick, oh no! If you are like me, i can imagine you are still pinching yourself and cannot believe that this is really happening. I took the picture because want to have a reminder of every single big occasion during the pregnancy for me to look back at and it doesn't get any bigger than seeing those 2 pink lines!
I also started taking pictures of my belly and I thought of starting a little personal journal where I am going to put all the pictures together with my feelings and what I am currently going through. My husband thinks I am crazy for taking the belly pictures as I am not even remotely showing yet, but hey, you need something to compare the later ones to, right?
Have you thought of starting your pregnancy journal yet? My mum still has my first strand of hair and my first tooth that came out and I am certain if they had the technology back then, she'd have been taking digital pictures of sticks and bellies too :thumbup:

I am so very jealous that you have your first scan on 15th Oct!!! When I spoke to my doctor, she just asked me to book midwife appointment for no later than end of October (I booked it for 22nd) and then the midwife will book the 1st scan herself. It is a little frustrating, because right now I don't feel very pregnant at all - no morning sickness (not complaining), no belly, not seeing midwife - it just feel very lonely, thank god for these forums!! I hope your scan goes really well. I can't wait to hear all about it :) is your husband coming too?

Also, being a little frustrated with the little attention I am getting from Drs, I ordered the Angelsound Doppler (i think that is how you spell it). Ok, fair enough, I may not be able to use it for another month (at 10-12wks approx), but when I do, I shall be able to hear my baby's hearbeat whenever I wish to :thumbup: I cant wait!

Yay!! I am thrilled to have a bump buddy. Congratulations to you as well!!! :happydance:

I am feeling quite sentimenal myself. It's kind of a weird feeling because I didn't think I would be this way. A few months back when one of my gf said she had kept a journal, I'll be honest, I thought it was a bit over the top. But now I'm thinking...hmmm... a journal... (As I am writing this my husband looked over my shoulder and rolled his eyes... lol)

I don't know if I feel overly pregnant, but I have been nauseous and my tummy's been upset. It makes me so nervous. When I get stomach twinges I worry if its hormonal, miscarriage... I am such a worry wort! My bbs have been tender - I was relieved to know there is a reason for that.

I keep looking at my belly and wondering if the rounding (very slight) I see if from PG or from not going to the gym lately? I like the idea of taking photos along the way.

The main reason that my doctor wants to do an early scan is to determine how far along I am. I have no idea when I ovulated, but I have a general idea of when I conceived based on a late Aug BFN and the timing of more intimate matters. :winkwink: I live in a small town and have had the same doctor for a few years; he takes good care of me. He gave me a big hug when he came in with the happy news and sent me for blood work immediately. He knows I worry... He says if the scan is done too early they can't tell the age yet and if it's done too late the accuracy isn't as good. I am hopeful that the scan will tell us what we need to know and bring nothing but good news. My husband will be with me which makes me feel so cherished. I really am a lucky woman.

The waiting is hard, but soon enough you'll have your meeting with the MW and your first scan as well. I am praying for sticky beans and healthy babies for both of us!!:flower:

Sending happy thoughts... Talk to you soon.

ps: I haven't heard of this heartbeat monitor. Wonder if it's available here?

Good morning,

my waking thought today was that unborn babies are amazing creatures. Do you remember being a teenager and moaning endlessly at growing pains? Imagine what the little bean must be experiencing not only growing in size but growing all of its organs in such a short space of time. I have so much respect for mine already!!
-- Hehe, yes, I started going a little loopy :happydance: - I still cannot believe what is happening with my body. I think hearing the hearbeat or seeing the scan will make it all so much more real. I have had upset stomach (I found that I cannot drink fizzy drinks), but I havent been sick.
I sort of understand now when my husband says that yes, he is excited but he will believe it all so much better when he sees or hears evidence, because women can feel what is happening to them, men only see/hear what is happening and at these early stages it is little frustrating for them.

You are very fortunate to have a Dr who knows you well and who understands your body and your needs. I live in a small city and whenever I need to see a Dr, I go to my local surgery and see a different Dr every time! That is ok, because as soon as I have my first appointment with my MW, she will be the one whom I will try to get to know better and hopefully she'll try to do the same. I hope to have a good relationship with her. I work as an interpreter and I have been to many MW appointments before (with various clients) and I know that really special bond could be formed between the mummy and MW.

I have never really been sentimental person, but I feel a certain sense of responsibility now - it is not just my life now, it is OUR life now and I think sometimes along the way my baby might want to look back at the pictures - ok, not when it is a baby but maybe, just maybe I may be expecting a daughter and I could share my journey with her when she falls pregnant? Also, when it is a teenager, going through its teenage strops, i shall be calming myself down by looking at my journal and thinking, yes, that is how happy I was to bring the child to this world. Sorry, I may be ranting here but that is how i feel right now. Having said that, I have yet to start writing it :) I only have the photos so far :)

When I told my husband about ordering the heart monitor, he said it was very silly because I will just freak myself out when I cannot hear it. (it is called 'Angelsounds Doppler' and I ordered it off Amazon.co.uk, but i am sure you'll be able to find it on Ebay too). The way it works, you place it on the belly when you're over 12 wks pregnant and depending how the baby is positioned, you should be able to hear the heartbeat. I am well aware that it depends on the positioning of the baby and that i will not always be able to hear the heartbeat but I am willing to take my chances. You can apparently link it to a PC too and record the heartbeat. That is another reason why I ordered it - I live in England, UK but I originally come from Czech Republic and my family won't get to experience my pregnancy so i will try and record the baby's hearbeat and email it to them. Well, that is my intention, anyway.

Take care and I'm sending happy positive thoughts your way :hugs:

Hi,

I just got home from university and working all day, so I am pretty wiped...

I agree that it must be hard for the men to relate to what is happening when they can't see or feel anything. Perhaps it will become more real for them when they see/hear the baby.

I love the idea of using the journal to put things into perspective during the troubled teens. Maybe that will help them to know they were loved all along even when they make dodgy choices.

Having a MW isn't a common practice here. Generally, all your medical care is taken care of by your family doctor. A lot of women also go to a OB-GYN after the first scan. Having a MW or doula at the birth is as an addition, because the doctor is the one to actually deliver the baby unless you want a home birth.

Even though I lament AF, I think that it is amazing that our bodies can nurture a life. Wow!! It really is a miracle!

I might have to look into one of those Angeldopplers...

Have a great day tomorrow. Sending sticky bean vibes...

heyya im looking for a bump buddy
im due the 29th may just like u
it is my first i am only 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back