Looking for diet buddy(ies)

Has anyone done a fad diet and kept weight off?

Lol - I don't think so! I follow a lower carb diet in order to keep my calories down and not be hungry all the time ( bread/rice/pasta give me crazy sugar high/lows and cravings) but veggies and quinoa are carbs, just a better sort for me. It helps that I'm gluten intolerant too, nothing like bloating up, having a sore tummy and then the runs to help me eat well.

I was getting flustered at the scale not moving until I got AF a few days ago, now it all makes sense! I'm shocked actually. The last time I mc'd it took over 2 months to get the cycles back and that was brought on by prescription progesterone thanks to my fs. Maybe all of the clean eating and exercise is contributing, in a good way.

Well done again weewdy that's a great loss again, I need to get more focused and try to get the losses that you do. Ive only managed to lose little bits here and there again but I'm meeting some old friends next Tuesday and to get to the target inset myself for then I've got to lose 2lb this week. I'm also meeting a friend whose pregnant and I'm dreading looking more pregnant than she does.

2have4kids I'm glad your cycles are getting back on track I know after my mc I just wanted everything to get back to normal as soon as possible.

And ladies I have to admit I do love the gruffalo too, my 2 year old can watch that and the gruffalos child everyday for days on end. Plus I bet gruffalo's don't have weight problems!

Thanks george83. J so wish i had taken a before picture so i could compare to now to keep myself motivated. I do not feel hungry at all with what im eating. My typical day is

Breakfast - toast and beans
Lunch - warbuton thin with lettuce and cold meat.
Dinner - chicken potatoes and 2 vegs with gravy
Snack - special k cereal bar

I also have 2 pieces of fruit per day. i would also recommend myfitnesspal it helps keep me focused and if i see myself going over i go and do some exercise.

I just wish i could click my fingers and my weight be off, it didnt go on overnight so suppose it wont come off overnight.

Does anyone having before and during/after pictures??

I only have the before pics at the moment!

Im doing ok so far this week, determind to see a loss so going to be really good! Really wanted to make rock cakes today but resisted, I always bake goodies and say they're for Jacob but end up eating them myself.

How is everyone doing?

I seem to have hit a brick wall. My scales aren't moving lol it is my time of the month again so that probably has something to do with it, also I have been very stressed this past few weeks. Hopefully I will step on the scale to a loss tomorrow.

I'm down then up, calories are consistently ~1200 and working out 5-6 times/week. It's got to crack soon, already down a pant size. I look & feel different and my sister noticed but it's really amazing how sticky the scale has been!

Keep it up weewdy, don't give up!!

Well it was weigh in day this morning and i have a total loss of 44.4lbs. A loss of just over 2lbs this week. Even though my scales hadnt moved in days i was pleasently surprised this morning. Its given me an extra boast to keep going, 10lbs till i reach my first goal.

Wow weewdy, thats amazing!

I have had a really bad back for the past week, which I thought might be my period coming (again) but its not showed up yet. My impant was supposed to come out at the end of march but they couldn't fit me in until the end of april, I dont know if that could have any effect... im taking ibuprofen every night for it otherwise im in too much pain to sleep, and sometimes in the day too so I'm wondering if I should be exercising or if it was caused by exercise in the first place :s

Excellent news, at least there's 2 lbs on the board for one of us! Glad to hear & well done.

Wow again weewdy your doing so well! You'll be at your goal in no time if you keep this up! I met up with my friends yesterday and was aiming to have got down to my next half stone but when I weighed myself I'd beaten it by an extra 1 1/2lb so I was really chuffed. I'm doing ok with my diet but can't get motivated to exercise, my gym reopened nearly two weeks ago and ive only been once.

George well done on your weight loss + extra! Even if you haven't hit the gym yet there's always time and you've been successful despite not going. It's 90% about what goes into your mouth anyway, the gym will help you tone and feel strong.

I've been doing my workouts religiously and to shake it up a little we went skiing on Sunday. I took a reasonable lunch so that I wasn't eating their greasy pizza/burgers. I'm sticking to my 700-1200 daily calories. It's unbelievable to me that I can only seem to hover between 158-159 for this long.. It's getting really frustrating but I'm NOT giving in! I refuse to give up, this weight will shake off and I will be in the 140's or 130's by June.
CW: 159
GW: 135

Thanks 2have4kids I was really pleased too. I know how you feel about hovering around the same weight, it happened to me and then afterwards I had a couple of weigh ins where I'd lost a decent amount so hopefully you'll be in line for some positives soon

I agree with george 83 i seem to hoover for a few days and then have a period of quicker weight loss. We are all doing so well and still seem so focused on our goals. My problem will come next weekend when we are away for 5 days. Its so easy to nip into kfc/burger king for lunch but im determined to stay well away.

How are you all doing??

Weigh in this morning and another 2.2lbs lost.i will lose all this extra weight. Although i have a long weekend away on friday and im hoping i manage to stay on track and not put on next week. I will just need to work extra hard through the week. Might even stay julian mitchels 30day shred today, ill see how i feel though as ive pulled a shoulder muscle walking my brothers daft dog yesterday.

Well im back down to the weight I was about three weeks ago, which has given me renewed motivation. Just waiting for my healthy shopping to be delivered then ive told LO we can walk down to the ice cream van (I wont be getting one though!) Which is about a 15 min walk away. Might have to crack out the 30ds too!

Hope you have fun on your long weekend!

Hows everyone doing?

I have had a brilliant weekend away now i am sitting with my feet up waiting on my chinese coming. I know its extremely bad for me so im not holding out much hope of a loss tomorrow. Although i have walked 16miles in 3 days and i done 30mins on cross trainer today.

I hope you are all doing well.

Well by Thursday I was down to 155 from 163(March starting point) and with all the eating and not a stitch of exercise I'm back up to 161 this morning :haha: I hope most of it is water weight and comes off this week.
I'm terribly hungry today though. After a weekend of eating my tummy is VERY confused and not ready to be disciplined again. I could happily go for pizza tonight!

Hi ladies how are you all doing again? Weewdy it sounds like your Chinese was well deserved, you still seem to have so much motivation. Pandacub I hope you've managed to keep up with your new motivation too? 2have4kids I'm sorry about the big weight jump, I hate it when they happens but hopefully it was just water, men are so lucky they don't have out hormones to deal with!

As for me, I had my sisters hen night and missed my target weight by 3lb so I was gutted but it also means I've got a lot more to lose before the wedding which is 4 weeks tomorrow. I had a bad weekend but was determined to get back on track yesterday and then my husband brought a load of junk food. So I'm trying to be really determined but I'm massively lacking motivation.

Thanks george83, yes my motivation is still strong, i am cheating a bit more than i used too like the odd bar of chocolate but i still log everything with mfp with helps. My periods have now returned back to normal which is q huge relief. I have hit the 50lb off mark which has given me even more motivation.

George83 if you are not using mfp i seriously recommend it, also drink gallons of water a day. If you have a bad day make sure your even more focussed the next day.

50lb is so amazing!! I can't imagine how good you must be feeling - congratulations!! I did try mfp for a while but I found it a bit tricky to keep track of things with the two kids around which I'm guessing is just another excuse!

I'm still not feeling very motivated but I've been back to gym much more regularly, I managed 4 times last week which I'm pleased about.

How's everybody else doing? Any tips from anybody?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->