Looking for hopeful stories of carrying full term

MrsAmk

Reaction score
Has anyone had symptoms of preterm labor/pressure really early on (I am 18 weeks), and gone on to carry your baby full term? I need hope. Every morning I wake up, I feel like its going to be a miracle if this baby doesn't come super early I have already had a stillborn son at 37 weeks, and my second baby came early at 35+5, so to say I am scared is a major understatement. :cry:

I don't have any advice for you since this 8 weeks is the furthest I've ever been pregnant, but I didn't want to read and run. What does your doctor say?

You poor thing no wonder you are anxious x I had pre term labour at 27 weeks. I was having contractions and given drugs to stop my labour, I had a positive fetal fibronectin test. I was hospitalised for 8 days. Here I am at 38+ 2 and I'm being induced at 39 weeks
Did they offer you medication such as progesterone to help? X

You poor thing no wonder you are anxious x I had pre term labour at 27 weeks. I was having contractions and given drugs to stop my labour, I had a positive fetal fibronectin test. I was hospitalised for 8 days. Here I am at 38+ 2 and I'm being induced at 39 weeks
Did they offer you medication such as progesterone to help? X

I am getting a progesterone shot once a week. I have this pressure in my vaginal/rectal area, mainly rectal. Its like it feels like right before the baby is born....not fun.

I went in to hospital at 33 weeks due to preterm labour and was given two rounds of steroid injections and put on a drip to stop labour... Was convinced she'd come early but she's still in at 37+3

:hugs:

Stalking this thread if that's ok hun. I get the same pressure feeling, it feels like when my sons head was crowning and everything else was being pushed out the way. Is that how it is for you? The Dr examined me last week and thinks my cervix may be shortening as when she felt it and looked at it through the speculum it was very flat which apparently it shouldn't be usually. So I'm quite nervous. Have to be examined again on Wednesday by my midwife which I'm not looking forward to. It really hurt when the Dr did it :/.

Yep, it feels like that for me too. It's good your over viability day though! I am not even close....

Stalking this thread... Water broke last pregnancy at exactly 32 weeks. Had my son at 33w5d. I'm very worried about preterm labor this time also. I always think I feel pressure down there even though I'm only 17 weeks.

That's one thing I am glad of, that I'm passed my V day.
:hugs: has the Dr given you any reason/explanation for the pressure you're feeling?

None at all? Have they examined you to male sure you're not dilating/effacing etc?

They checked my cervix at 18 weeks and it was closed. I have my anatomy scan on the 18th and hopefully it will be long and closed on there.

Still feeling like this kid could come out at any time :(

I went into preterm labour with my son at 24+2,positive ffn test.given all sorts to stop and signed off work on bed rest,given steroids and he then went to 40+6 so with some care it is possible to go a lot longer xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->