Looking for May mum-to-be to be buddies!!

ecossaise74

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for pregnant women who are due around the same time as me (17/05) so we can share our experiences in those last weeks, the birth and maybe having our LO to play together lol!!!
Lots of good thoughts!
xxx

Hiya Ecossaise74 - you are a little ahead of me but I'd love to join your buddy thread if that's ok! I am starting to find it impossible to think about anything else but the baby right now, after being pretty down to earth for all the pregnancy my mind is now like mush with baby thoughts !:cloud9:

No problem!! The more the merrier like they say lol!! I understand you, I don't think I can spend 1 seconde without thinking "my lil boy, birth, due date, breastfeeding, head engaged?" ..... We are obsessed I think!!

I spend every waking moment almost thinking about the bambino!

I know it's dreadful but in a lurrvely way! So is this your first girls? How's it been so far? x

Yeah it's my first, wasn't really planned but turned out to be exactly the right path for me and my fiance.... When I saw pregnant on the test, I was so so happy, never knew I wanted one that much lol!!
I had a lot of Morning Sickness the first trimester was terrible, had a lil urinary tract infection and some trush (TMI).... A part from that, I feel like a charm, I do get days off with back-ache, no sleep and heaviness like everybody but never more than a WE...
I found the hardest was to be far from my family: I'm french and my sister, mother, grand-ma and friends are all back home. Only got my fiance here and my other sister which I don't see that much unfortunately... It was more challenging mentally than physically so far, plus I had the stress of my new relationship with my bf (got pregnant just after we fell in love). I do think I'm lucky though, everything worked out just perfectly :)

What about you girls?? What's your stories?? How are handling this whole experiences?? xx

hey well i thought i would pop in and add my bit and hope the rest of you are doing ok

Me and my oh was not trying but omg once i saw the + i could not be happier, after a Mc 3months before i worried alot to start with only had morning sickness brought on by public transport lol had to leave my college course and started a young mums course witch was fab :) been in the day unit a few times for lack of movements and for a suspected appendicitis :( got put on iron tablets due to being anemic.

Sleeping is getting hard now and i have some red marks :blush: had to postpone my wedding since baby due 20th may and my wedding was booked for the 6th june worst part i pick up my dress this month but my son is soooo worth it lol

I just want him here now but dont want laybour lol

My oh is 2 years older than me and it took him 2years to get me to be with him lol

anyway i rambled on way tooo much

:hug:

I'm like you ecossaise- my family are miles away too. We've lived in Bulgaria for nearly 5 years and our families are back in the UK. When my LO was born my parents bought a house out here too, but they don't live here full time. THey do come over loads of times though so that's good. They going to drive over from the UK for the birth - they're setting off on May 3rd and are hoping to arrive on about the 10th I think, so I hope baby isn't too early cos they won't be able to drive much faster to get here!

My pg has been a breeze so far, touch wood. I had no MS and have had no complications, just a tiny bit of iron deficiency but nothing too bad! I'm so pleased because the first time round I ended up in hospital for 1 week at c. 10 weeks and nearly lost my LO :( She was also breech, which is why I had the c-section. This baby was the right way up last time they looked, so I'm hoping it's stayed put!

Ecossaise which part of France are you from? DH and I have lived abroad since 1998 and we lived in Paris from 1999-2001.

Ooh Ijust noticed I'm 33 weeks today! :D

Congrats hun!!
I'm from Bretagne, maybe you heard about St Malo, Dinard?? Lovely places, miss it much :-(( But as long as I'm with my LO and my hubby, I wouldn't change for the world!! Why Bulgaria?? Seems an unusual choice!!
Glad you're having a problem-free pregnancy, me too..I was just telling in the may mummy thread how I feel apart when I read all these mums not feeling well and I feel like a charm..... Weird to be so healthy and happy so close to the date, isn't it??
It's nice that your parents will be there, my mother comes the WE of my 37th week (so kinda hoping he'll pop-out at that time), otherwise my mother-in-law will be there from the 2nd of May so she's more likely to be there... We'll see, anyway, LO is choosing his time right?!

had to postpone my wedding since baby due 20th may and my wedding was booked for the 6th june worst part i pick up my dress this month but my son is soooo worth it lol :hug:

Congrats! It's so cute, all this happiness coming your way, wedding and your first baby... That's great!! Same for us, first we're having the baby and then we'll plan the weeding, we have all the time after to do it... Plus like this, our LO will be on the pictures!!! Plus I think there's something really romantic about marrying the woman who gave you a child and not "your pregnant Gf", you see what I mean?? xx

Congrats hun!!
I'm from Bretagne, maybe you heard about St Malo, Dinard?? Lovely places, miss it much :-(( But as long as I'm with my LO and my hubby, I wouldn't change for the world!! Why Bulgaria?? Seems an unusual choice!!
Glad you're having a problem-free pregnancy, me too..I was just telling in the may mummy thread how I feel apart when I read all these mums not feeling well and I feel like a charm..... Weird to be so healthy and happy so close to the date, isn't it??
It's nice that your parents will be there, my mother comes the WE of my 37th week (so kinda hoping he'll pop-out at that time), otherwise my mother-in-law will be there from the 2nd of May so she's more likely to be there... We'll see, anyway, LO is choosing his time right?!

Well it sounds like you'll have help on hand anyway! Are you still feeling great? I felt Huuuuge when I got up this morning and have felt like I've been waddling all day. It's weird how somedays you feel so much more enormous than other days! I've had a lazy day and feel tired, but when I do lots I get lots of energy!

We moved to Bulgaria to start up our own language school as dh and I have both been English teachers for 10+ years (we are old!) and it was a good time to start up when we came over in 2004. Economy is pants now though of course and we're a bit fed up of it! Well nothing is perfect I guess! What took you to the UK? xxx

Hi Magic!!
Funny, my mum is an english teacher since over 10 years!!

I came to the Uk because I wanted a fresh start after my 2 years in Geneva.... I was really unhappy, I just quit everything: jobs, ex bf, appartment! Arrived here with nothing! Best thing I ever did in my life! I chose London because one of my sister lives here and found me a summer job! I met the love of my life, got pregnant, moved in with him, got engaged and TADA... In 2 weeks our little boy will be full-term :)
Life is so full of surprises, it's amazing! There's a say in French : " on reconnait souvent sa destinee par les chemins que l'on prend pour l'eviter"... I don't know how's your french so for the translation it means " you often meet your destiny through the path you take to avoid it". I like to think it apply in my case!!!

Since yesterday I feel really uncomfortable, baby's kicking are hurting me a bit and feel reaaly tired (or lazy) :-( But I had a great week before, felt full of energy, baby's movements were really enjoyable. I guess it was only because of the full-moon yesterday and now it's getting better lol!!
I had this weird pattern where for 2 days, my body is sore, it's because my uterus is stretching for my LO and after I feel great until I have to make him some room.. etc..etc... So I'm used to it and it's almost over! The moral is still really good though!!
I really enjoyed these last weeks, it's the best part of the pregnancy for me!!

I understand your waddling lol, I walk like a clown too!! You're right, someday I wake up, look at my tummy and think "Damm!!! It's bigger than yesterday LOL".

Wow, sorry for talking this much!! Hope you are doing fine! Take good care. xxx

Hiya Ecossaise! yeah I'm still doing fine - the sun is shining here and we just went out to an outdoor cafe that has a play area for kids and a fab view - it was lovely! Our LO is very selfish at the moment though and wouldn't share the toys there with anyone else, which was a bit embarrassing! I guess you're allowed to be a diva when you're 2!

I still feel the same - it's really hard to imagine actually having this baby as every day it feels just so at home and snug, very happy in there! Probably in a few weeks I'll be moaning a lot but just now I'm like you - really enjoying being pg!!

I speak reasonable French - or at least I did! I had lessons while we were living in Paris and carried on for another 2 years after that, and passed the DELF II exam (I think it stands for Diplome d'etudes en langue francaise) but I haven't spoken french since then and that was about 6 years ago! Now ,my brain is full of Bulgarian and I find it difficult to think of French without a lot of effort! My DH is pretty good though as he has a degree in French and Arabic.

Tu sais que la plupart des anglais apprendrent le langue francaise a l'ecole - mais rencontres tu beaucoup des anglophones qui peuvent la parler? (Sorry for the mistakes - my brain is very rusty!!!!:rofl:)

Hey the more the merrier lOl! Hope I'll give birth before you though...No offence lol!! So what's your story?? How are you coping so far?? xxxx

Hi Girls, How are you all doing? I am a bit late asking, but wondering if I can join the group? I am due on June 2nd. These last few wks are so exciting. Wee bit worried as I will be 37 in Sep, so am considered an older mum.

Hi Girls, How are you all doing? I am a bit late asking, but wondering if I can join the group? I am due on June 2nd. These last few wks are so exciting. Wee bit worried as I will be 37 in Sep, so am considered an older mum.

Of course! Welcome! :friends:

You're not so old hun - I'm 36 in Aug so you're only a year older than me :D

Hi there ladies! I just came across this thread! I am due May 18th with boy/girl twins!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->