looking for some advice about weight watchers please

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
Hi,

Just looking for some advice please. I have been doing the cambridge diet for 12 weeks now and really fed up with no food. I am now at 12 stone orginally was 15st 12lbs. Have lost just under 4 stone.

I have half a stone left to go to my original goal of 11st 7lbs but have decided to go down to 10st 7lbs to give me a healthy BMI.

I started swimming last week and going to start the gym at the weekend. Was thinking about going to weight watchers for the last stone and a half so I can eat again.

Just wondering how people are finding weight watchers, does it really work and roughly how long would it take me to lose that last stone and a half.

Hoping to go to a meeting on saturday.

One thing I will say is that your results will not be as fast as it was with CD. WW takes things a bit slower because it teaches you how to eat properly rather than just giving you shakes. I personally think that because of this (now this is just my opinion, nobody get offended please) that it is easier to keep the weight off once you have lost it because you have trained yourself how to make good choices with food you encounter every day in the real world. WW is not really a diet, it is more like training you how to eat for the rest of your life. Obviously when you get to your goal weight you get to eat a little bit more but they always want you to be conscious of exactly what you are eating even in the future when you are thin. They teach you how to deal with real food.

But WW is much slower than what I have seen other lose with CD. The average with WW is about 1-2 lbs a week when followed to the letter. This is what doctors consider a healthy weight loss that is less likely to come back all at once when you stop dieting. so if you want to lose 2 stone more I would say expect to be on WW for 4-7 Months. :shrug: Just an estimate but everyone is different. The one piece of advice I can give you when you go on WW is do not cheat. You would be surprised how much a little cheat here and a little cheat there can screw up your losses for the week. And then it will just take longer.

WW does work if you stick to it. I'm doing it but i'm not very good at sticking to it :dohh:

Good luck if you decide to start :hugs:

One thing I will say is that your results will not be as fast as it was with CD. WW takes things a bit slower because it teaches you how to eat properly rather than just giving you shakes. I personally think that because of this (now this is just my opinion, nobody get offended please) that it is easier to keep the weight off once you have lost it because you have trained yourself how to make good choices with food you encounter every day in the real world. WW is not really a diet, it is more like training you how to eat for the rest of your life. Obviously when you get to your goal weight you get to eat a little bit more but they always want you to be conscious of exactly what you are eating even in the future when you are thin. They teach you how to deal with real food.

But WW is much slower than what I have seen other lose with CD. The average with WW is about 1-2 lbs a week when followed to the letter. This is what doctors consider a healthy weight loss that is less likely to come back all at once when you stop dieting. so if you want to lose 2 stone more I would say expect to be on WW for 4-7 Months. :shrug: Just an estimate but everyone is different. The one piece of advice I can give you when you go on WW is do not cheat. You would be surprised how much a little cheat here and a little cheat there can screw up your losses for the week. And then it will just take longer.

fantastice sensible advice!

I know of someone who put on the 5 stone they lost through the CD becasue they went back to the old habits. The CD didn't teach them about real life healthy eating.

I'd say if you switched to WW you'll stand a better chance of keeping the weight off!
x

If you stick to it you could loose 2 lbs a week roughly, but as the other girls have said you have more changce of keeping it off if you learn to eat sensiblily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->