Looking for some suggestions

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
The way were doing weaning atm is alex wakes up about 11.30am, we feed him solids, as much as he takes then he will cry for a bottle so we give it. Atm he seems to be natrually dropping 1oz from the bottle.

Advice is that you dont wean a hungry baby, now our problem is Alex is still a very sleepy baby and wont stay awake for longer than 2 hours, so we felt with weaning the above is how we have had to go about it.

Alex will also not take less in a bottle unless he chooses to, so giving half a bottle hasnt been an option.

Is there any other option with weaning him or does it sound like this is the only option for us?

My concern atm is when he realises hes hungry he then wants the easier option which is the bottle?

he probably doesn't make the connection between solids and hunger yet, so when he is hungry he will want a bottle, he prob has no idea that eating solids can stop him from being hungry. Why don't you give him the milk first, then the solids.

He feels full up after his bottle and wont take any solids.

What about midway between feeds? Or would be too tired / asleep then?

Hopefully someone else has the answer...

Could you give the bottle and then wait 30mins or so for the solids? He might have started to get hungry again then.

tough one hon, maddi too was always a very sleepy baby, and i've had the same issues as you! i probably would give him time between bottles and solids, so if he has his breakfast bottle at 11:30 then give him some solids at 12:30 x

he takes the bottle at 12, doesnt usually want it as soon as hes woken though its been a while since i tried that way, will try that tomorrow.

waiting 30 mins, thats when we usually get to the point of him starting to get tired :dohh:

I always fed solids before milk as it was the only way that seemed to work in our routine. We never had any problems with doing it that way and my lo took to solids pretty well but in saying that she's never been a demanding baby so never really fussed about food unless she was absolutly starving. I think it's perhaps just a case of trial and error for you. Good luck with it :hugs:

P.S. we started our first meals at dinner time (5pm) i'm not sure if this had anything to do with it.

What about trying to do his solids meal when he's the most alert/active throughout the day? Is there a specific time where he seems to be more awake than others, cause that might help him learn that solids fill him up! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->