Looking for some TTC buddies

Nickij

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Looking for Bubbies:)

I am 30 years old, and had my first baby last october. Had my implant out on thursday so we can start trying to a second:)

I am on Facebook and MSN to chat as well.

Would be nice to have ppl to talk to about it, as we are not telling friends/family/work etc that we are TTC (so we avoid the "are your pregnant yet" questions all the time)

Hey! I'd love to buddy up. Seems like we have a lot in common!!
I am 26 and OH is 25. We had our DD last September. We were fortunate to get pregnant with her out first cycle trying. We began trying for number two in June. We tried for three cycles with no success. We were unable to try in September and October and our chances for this month are slim. My OH works away on a rotational schedule so timing doesn't always work out for us. We will be properly trying in Dec, Jan and Feb as of now.

We are officially ttc #2 as of this week. Megan was born Dec. 2009 so is turning 1 in a few weeks. We aren't telling people either. We are in the process of moving & I'm telling everyone who hints about baby #2 that we have to move first before we try. Not sure what I will say once we actually get moved - LOL!

Im 31 - turning 32 in a few weeks. Dh is 35.

I had high blood pressure during my first pregnancy - but not pre-eclampsia. I was induced at 37 weeks. My dr gave me the go-ahead to start trying & she isnt putting me on meds. We are excited yet a little nervous as well because of the last pregnancy.

Think I'm on cd12

Fx is doesn't take long fo either of us! I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. Had all of the signs and got a temp rise this morning!! Too bad OH wasn't home :( Last time we DTD was on cycle day 9, so unless OH has super sperm there were no swimmers there to meet the eggie.

I've decided not to temp this time round. We've decided that we are going to try to dtd every night this week. Started sat & if I have a 28 day cycle then I should ovulate any day now. Cycles have been anywhere from 28-31 days.

Hopefully you'll have better timing next month!

Sounds like a great plan! I have preseed, soft cups and opks for next cycle. Hopefully I have all my bases covered!

What are soft cups? We are using preseed - we used it last time we got pregnant. I promised dh I wouldnt go crazy this time round with testing - either opk's or hpt's :blush: I went a little overboard last time round & it drove him crazy. :rofl:

Soft cups are usually used for menstraution but some people use them when ttc. I had never heard of them before these forums. You put them in after sex and it is supposed to keep the sperm close to the opening of the cervix. You won't loose it all when you stand either LOL:haha:.
I only used opks one cycle before this one. I started using digitals and then switched to cheapies when they showed up in the mail. I then used my remaining digis to confirm the positive on my digi..lol. I have internet cheapies coming soon. There are tons so I'm bound to go a little:wacko:

Hello Sorry I haven't replied for a couple of days..... my lovely son gave me a tummy bug and I have been going to bed as soon as I have got home from work as I have felt awful!

My DH is 35 and we have been together 11 years, married 3:)

I am driving my husband mad already. I have been off the implant for a week, and I am stressing that I haven't had withdrawal bleed yet. I never had a period on the implant, and I have read all this horror stories on the internet of people that didn't get their cycles back for months after the implant. I went on it as I was rubbish at taking the pill before I had a baby- so new I would be terrible at remember now. I decided on the implant on advice from the doctor, but I not sure now it was the best plan.

I have bought some opk, I think I might become obsessed this time around. I was fairly relaxed the first time and got pregnant very quick, which I know probably won't happen a second time. But I really don't want a huge age gap, so I dont want it to take toooo long!

I have bought some sort of lube from boots, which isn't preseed, but its a similar product - designed to us when you are trying for a baby:)

Sounds like you have all of your basis covered NickiJ.
We used the withdrawal method for 2 years before conceiving DD without getting pregnant and got pregnant straight away when we tried. Like you, I never remembered to take my pills and they made me sick. I was prescribed the ones with the lowest does of estrogen but still didn't feel well while taking them so I gave up. My doc said that all other forms of bc would have essentially the same effect so I didn't take anything.
After the birth off DD I contemplated trying the pill again. I took 3 and gave up. We used condoms for the first 6 months and then used the withdrawal method again until June when we decided to ttc.
I'm pretty sure that I ovulated today. I had more ewcm this cycle than usual which is great. Hopefully I'll get a repeat next cycle when OH is actually home to DTD!!

Hope your feeling better Nickij!

DH & I have our own form of birth control - called lack of sleep & dh being overworked :rofl: We are in the process of moving & our house is on the market - so its a really crazy time for us. I cant believe we are crazy enoug to ttc right now! DH was oncall this week when we have been trying & he's been working nonstop almost. We had an inspection on the house we are buying which took up an entire afternoon & the rest of the week has been spent hunting down things that the bank wants for our loan process. We have an open house tomorrow for our house - so I'm busy staging & cleaning w/ Megan underfoot!
Thanksgiving is here next Thursday - dh & I decided we would stay home this year vs. go to family. So I now have to cook thanksgiving meal! We are planning Megan's bday party for next Sat.

Im too busy to get so crazy this time - which is probably good! I'll be too busy in the 2ww to obsess. With Megan I obsessed over everything! Even during pregnancy - promised dh I wouldnt obsess so much this time.

I obsess and worry about everything. I can't help it! lol I am terrible. I have been even worse since I have become a mother. I literally live at our doctors surgery and every time Jack has been sick I rush down there lol.

Jodi what does your OH do that he is away so often? That must be hard work. I find it difficult when my hubby goes away for just one night. Especially if I have to go to work the next day, getting showered and dress and sorting Jack out is just a nightmare when there is only one of you.

Daisy- you must be so excited with Megan birthday coming up. I was for Jacks - I couldn't believe he was one already! I think I remember you from posting in the third trimester and baby club forums the first time round for us:)

Yes I remember you too - I think mostly from baby club.

I think it will be harder to not go crazy than I thought. DH was home for lunch & asked if I feel pregnant yet. :rofl: Since Im on CD16 today I thought it was funny. It made me start to analyze everything though!

I am excited about Megan's bday - but I was wishing it wasnt smack right in the middle of all this chaos going on. I really wanted a big bday party w/ lots of people & make lots of food. I think we are instead going more low-key w/ just grandparents & maybe making homemade pizza & cake? Its the idea so far anyway. Hoping noone calls to look at the house that day! I found cute plates & napkins that are a baby jungle theme - & one of the animals is a pink elephant. Was going to do a pink elephant cut-out cake. THat should be CUTE! Although dont know what Megan will think of it -she hasnt tasted anything like cake yet.

What did either of you buy for your LO's bday presents?

We are officially ttc #2 as of this week. Megan was born Dec. 2009 so is turning 1 in a few weeks. We aren't telling people either. We are in the process of moving & I'm telling everyone who hints about baby #2 that we have to move first before we try. Not sure what I will say once we actually get moved - LOL!

Im 31 - turning 32 in a few weeks. Dh is 35.

I had high blood pressure during my first pregnancy - but not pre-eclampsia. I was induced at 37 weeks. My dr gave me the go-ahead to start trying & she isnt putting me on meds. We are excited yet a little nervous as well because of the last pregnancy.

Think I'm on cd12

Hiya Daisy

I had a e/p in October and plan to start ttc this month.. sounds like I am about the same cycle as you.. I am 39 years oldd,so am getting on a bit!! lol..
look forward to chatting more.. xx

hi there i'll be one of your ttc buddies, i am waiting to try in December, am very excited and really broody at the mo

Hi girls! Hopefully we'll all have our bfps sooner rather than later!

NickiJ - My Oh is a Vac Truck operator. He works on the oil sands on the other side of the country. He is away 20 days and home 16. It's not so bad once you get used to it. The flight are paid for by the company and it is good pay so it's a sacrafice we have to make.

Daisy - We got Casey a blow up Disney Castle with the play balls in it. She really enjoys it. Takes up a lot of room though, it was bigger than we expected!

Ohhh sounds like fun! DH & I went shopping Sat & bought a cozy coupe for xmas present - it was on sale & dh figures he can push Megan around in it in the basement of the new house til its spring. We bought a ball popper type toy that you put the ball in and it spits it out & up I think. Dont know what its called - I stuck it away already. We'll give her that for her bday I think. I'd already bought an outfit & a stuffed animal for bday presents.

So I'm in the 2ww! Its hard not to think about it!!! Too early for any symtoms but I've been thinking about them since we started dtd over a week ago. LOL DH & I have been talking a lot about pregnancy & birth of Megan - its been fun to think about all that again!

It is fun to think about. We even talk about names and we aren't even pregnant yet. There wasn't much we agreed on last time so I figure a head start wouldn't hurt. I'm in the tww as well, but not quite as anxious as you b/c my chances are one in a million. can't wait for next cycle to really get things rolling :)

I try to talk to my other half about Names, but he doesn't like to talk about them until we find out what sex baby is - or thats the way it was last time. When ever I ask what names he like he says ones he knows I will hate - like doris, or gaylord, or other silly names! haha.

How many days until you are going to test Daisy?

I am still waiting for my first AF to arrive - getting impatient now! lol. So probably my first cycle of trying properly will be in Dec with you Elizabeth:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->