Looking for some uncommon boy & girl names...

Megan1021

Reaction score
I dont mean uncommon like made up or crazy names. I mean like not heard of anymore, or not in the top 100. :)

I have one of the most common names of my class, and I hated it. I choose non common names because of it. My son is Boston and my daughter is Cambrie.

We have a few names for girls picked out (Kayleigh, Lucille, Gabrielle). We have none for boys. I like Maxwell, Nolan, Anderson, Colton) but DH hates all of them.

I have looked on every possible website for baby names and in books cannot find any.

let me know what you have :)

for some reason Gwendolyn was the first name to come to mind

I really like Sloan for a girl. Its very uncommon and classy sounding.

I LOVE Boston and Cambrie. Too bad neither mix well with our surname :nope:

My fave girl names (I like uncommon, too):

Story

Indy (ours is due the beginning of July, won't know gender until tomorrow but we like Indy for Independence Day, and I think its adorable anyway lol)

Theia or Thea (pronounced Tay-uh, goddess of the sun)

Elliott (Ellie for short)

Boy names:

Rueger

James

Stetson

Wiley

Gabriel

Love your names. Boston gets his names from the red sox, we are huge fans. He is 4 and says he is gonna play for the "ankees" (Yankees) LOL.

I look up top 1000 names and that is how we got Cambrie's name its welsh.

Like you I have been searching for names outwith the top 100.

My 4 year old is called Derrin George ( I love how unique this is). My bump will be called Harris Gordon.

Hope you find a name soon. X

for some reason Gwendolyn was the first name to come to mind

My 9yo DD is Gwen. I love the name and how uncommon it is!

This baby will be Marlee. But if it would have been a boy it would have been Myles.

My boys are Sonny and Franklin, neither of which are in the top 100. I really like Maxwell :). I recently heard a baby girl named Mallone, which I thought was unusual?? X

My daughters are Neli Tallulah and Nancy Beau and this baby was a surprise boy! Eeek lol and his name is Sonny Cash

I really love old fashioned 1900s type names and my great nanny and grandads names were Nelly and Sonny and I just loved Nancy and it really suits her I think it must be a bit of a naughty rascal name tho... lol

Oh and just a suggestion my not so little anymore brothers name is Chay..... quite unusual considering he is 25 he does hate when people think his name is shane tho hahaha

My daughters have names outwith the top 100 i wouldnt call them unusual but they arent overly common

Rosalie & Ivy

My daughters have names outwith the top 100 i wouldnt call them unusual but they arent overly common

Rosalie & Ivy

Very pretty names :), I'd like Ivy but I have an Evie, so it wouldn't really work.

My son's name is Raif and not in the top 100 at all.

We like Remi, Holmes, Hazel, Basil...just to name a few for our bump.

My son has a friend named Wolfgang- he goes by Wolf and the name suits him well. Older names like Micah, Zebediah or Enoch are always options.

For girls, my family has chosen some unique ones over the years- I have an aunt Caladonia (Latin for Scotland), grandma Aquilla (Quillie for short) after the constellation (latin for eagle). Lyra is also a constellation (the harp) or variations on it like Lyric. Another family name is Keziah- very unique with rather cute nickname possibilities. My current bump is Seraphia- after the Seraphim angels - Fia for short. I love both the meaning and sound of it.

I am thinking of calling my little girl Seren. I'd never heard of it before this pregnancy but DH and I both think it's very pretty. It's common in Wales apparently and means star which I think adds to the beauty of the name. Just worry about naming her an unusual name...
I'm not sure what is common/uncommon in the US but possibly Logan for a boy?

Logan is a good name, but pretty common I believe. I've come across tons, in the UK and Canada.

I am thinking of calling my little girl Seren. I'd never heard of it before this pregnancy but DH and I both think it's very pretty. It's common in Wales apparently and means star which I think adds to the beauty of the name. Just worry about naming her an unusual name...
I'm not sure what is common/uncommon in the US but possibly Logan for a boy?

How is Seren pronounced?

Out daughters name is: Isla pronounced (eye-lah). Which I love.
Our sons name is Noah Asher
Now pregnant with our 3rd we like the names:

Girls: Audrey, Quinn, Brynn, Hadley, Esther
Boys: Josiah, Judah, Emmett, Landon, Micah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79