• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looks like someones stolen our wheelie bin!

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
We live in a rented house, our wheelie bin went out yesterday morning. We went to bring it in this morning and it's gone! There's no bins around anywhere else.. so I'm guessing it's not just a mistake.

My question, who needs to replace it? Us or the landlords/estate agents? I'm confused :wacko:

You'll need to replace it unfortunately, it's £36 (around here). It sucks! :( x

When mine dissapeared I phoned the council who were happy to replace it at no charge. So it sounds like it varies from place to place. I'd recommend ringing your local council.

Waste & removal is a tenants responsibility.

Some councils offer a stolen bin replacement for free though so ring up and ask if they'll do that.

Yeah my council replace broken or stolen bins and boxes.

Ours will replace the bin once then after that has to be paid for xx

Someone stole our recycle bin. Who steals a bloody bin!

THe council replaced it free of charge

Thanks everyone, I'll ring the council in the morning x

Someone stole ours and council wanted charge me £25 and the landlord said it was my responsibility!

I may have aquired a free new bin the next week ;)

My bin now has out address painted on it!

My bin did have a huge number 3 painted on the side.. I just don't get why anyone would steal one :wacko:

I wrote my house number all over my bin and also put 'who steals a bin!' Lol

I'd call the council.
:)

Who the hell steals a bin!

:haha:

You've got to be a right bloody twit to steal a bin....hope it's replaced free

i rang the council when outs got nicked & refused to pay, a new one arrived within 24 hours. xx

I used to live in the ghetto bit of a rather back of beyond town up north and our bin got nicked practically every week! We always managed to get it back though as the dimwits who stole it weren't too bright and always lived only a few doors from us and we gouged/burnt our house number on the bin and painted it several times on the bin so it was pretty unique. Xx

We had ours stolen once, we had to get a crime number then the council would replace it . X

if its got the number painted on it have a look round and see if you can see it anywhere.

Fingers crossed your council replaces it. Where I live councils don't provide bins even to buy so I had to get mine online it was about £40. Like someone else said go have a look round locally, either someone's just pulled it to thier house or they loaded it not a van. So cheeky.

Ring council. Ours went missing once due to rubbish men decided not to put back in right place and shoved it up road. When we rang they had to check they hadent dropped the bin in back of truck which apparently has happened lol. Ours turned up as neighbour saw it and we now have number stuck on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->