Loosing weight but not my mummy tummy

samsugar7

1 Son + 5yr step daughter
Reaction score
Im loosing on average 2lb a week 8so far and another 12 to go but no matter how many sit ups (average 50 a day) i do it just doesnt seem to change. I know i wont go back to a size 8 as my body shape has changed but size 16 for me is just horrible im only 5ft 3" so look like a ball.

Any good foods for weight loss in belly area or miracle cream for stretched skin???

Help!!!!!!!!!

Sam x

I cant say that I am ever gonna have a flat tummy but I hope so. Have you tried maybe going for a free lesson at a gym and getting them to give you tips??? x

Good idea laura2919 i dont expect it to be flat either but its more the saggy skin thats my problem.

Good luck on your weight loss too.

Sam x

sit ups will tone the muscle underneath but cardio work will get rid of the fat!!!

walk, swim, jog aerobics etc. anything to get you sweaty.
a million sit ups isn't going to do much sorry hun!
it's hard I know, I am in the middle of 2 1/2 stones to lose.
I love power walking with the pram!
xx

ps well done on your weight loss so far!
x

sit ups will tone the muscle underneath but cardio work will get rid of the fat!!!

walk, swim, jog aerobics etc. anything to get you sweaty.
a million sit ups isn't going to do much sorry hun!
it's hard I know, I am in the middle of 2 1/2 stones to lose.
I love power walking with the pram!
xx

Its really hard to find the time/money to do anything like this. I dont have anyone near to have LO, would fitness DVD's do any good?

Sam x

DVDs are a good idea
I power walk to coincide with my LO's naps!!! and it's free and gets us both fresh air!

xxx

Are you doing full situps or crunches?

The other posters are right that you should do cardio as well, but there are exercises that specifically target your abdominal muscles.

If you are doing full situps, then you won't be training your abdominal muscles properly. When you get past the point of a crunch, you stop using your abdominal muscles and instead your body is pulling itself upwards mostly by your back, shoulders and neck.

There is a video here explaining crunches:

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/abdominal-crunch/mm00725

There are a few important points they don't explain in the video.

* Keep looking forward, do not collapse your neck to your chest at any point.

* by putting your hand on your legs, this is the easiest from of crunches

* By crossing your arms and resting your hand on your shoulder, this is the medium difficulty crunch

* By placing your arm by your head, fingertips touching your ears, this is the most difficult form of crunches

*Once you are comfortable with all of these, move onto crunches on a swiss ball to help core stability too.

You can also do bicycle crunches:

https://www.ehow.com/video_2351933_bicycle-crunch-exercises-abs.html

Leg Raises:

Lie flat on your back

Raise your legs above you to they are straight

Lower halfway to the floor, keeping them straight

Then back up again, repeat x 12, rest for 30secs then x 12 again

Plank

This is amazing for core strength, and abdominal muscles.

https://z.about.com/d/exercise/1/5/q/A/plank1.jpg

1. Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor.
2. Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
3. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
4. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air.
5. Hold for 20 to 60 seconds, lower and repeat for 3-5 reps.

I got the elle macpherson workout dvd, a pilates dvd and a nell mcandrew one and I've been working them on rotation. They def do make a difference - and the best part was because they were a few years old, they were cheap as chips on amazon!!

I would love to get back to the gym but its just impossible at the mo so this is the next best thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->