Loosing weight without trying, no severe ms

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
Ok so in the beginning when I found out I was pregnant I was worried because I had gained a few lbs, but I'm 99% sure it was just water weight (I don't drink a lot of water typically but when I found out I was pregnant, I of course upped my water intake) but in the last week, ive lost around a lb a day, I've had some nausea but nothing serious, just not very hungry and a little queezy. I know I'm eating a little less but not much less-though I do have some extra weight to lose I'm really not a big eater, it's more so my choices when I do eat. So I know some of you have had to experience this, Natalie, I know you have-I'm used to loosing weight in early pregnancy but it's previosly been due to constant vomiting...anyone else? Any reasoning as to why this happens? I can imagine with everything going on in our bodies our metabolism has to be much higher than normal...

Having the exact same thing! I could gladly not eat a thing all day as I don't feel hunger anymore but a constant nausea... At the minute I'm just snacking here and there and putting that down to my weight loss.

I'm the same not hungry at all and when I am and go to eat I can't eat much I was the same with my last pregnancy and I needed up loosing nearly 3 stone so if I do that again that will be just fine as I am a bit chubby lol !

I've lost 2lb since finding out I was pregnant last week. haven't had any morning sickness yet, haven't been feeling all that sick either, but it's normal for me to lose weight at the start of pregnancies. with my 1st I lost about 4lbs before I started gaining weight, 2nd I lost 6 7lbs but I did have morning sickness with him.
I've started weighing myself weekly now so I can keep an eye on my weight, make sure i'm not losing too much and when I do start gaining not gaining it too fast.

in first tri i had ms but it didnt stop me from eating and drinking what i normally do. i even ate more. my pre pregnancy weight was 124. in one week i lost 10 pounds and i dunno why i did in week 7-8. all i did was increase my water intake. i was 114 by week 14. now im 127 but doctors say ive only gained 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. they arent concerned because baby has been measuring perfect every checkup

Yep for me its a metabolism thing. Not sure why, but for me my metabolism increases in pregnancy and even though I eat the same as before, I can lose weight. I have to eat over 2500 calories/day to maintain :shock:

I've just discovered I'm pregnant (unsure how far along I am yet, but think I am quite a bit into my pregnancy already eek!) and I have lost 2 stone in the past 2 or 3 months, with no explanation (and no MS like I had with my son).

Think our bodies just go into overdrive, plus the whole "supposed to eat for two" thing, if you've just been eating normally, you'll burn through your calories faster anyway x

Thanks ladies, though I know I'm eating a little less than normal just due to the fact that for a good portion of the day food doesn't sound too appealing, it's odd to hop on the scale and see the numbers going down! I'm not concerned at all it's just strange, I think it must be our metabolisms in overdrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->