Lo's eye colour.

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
When did your babies eyes change colour? My Lo has blue eyes and brown hair like daddy, but i have brown eyes so we're wondering if they're going to change as apparently brown is the stronger gene? Just curious to know when your LO's changed.

About 2 months they got dark blue, went green about 3 and ah alf months and now they're dark brown

Are you sure they'll change?

See the genetics go : the daddy has a bb gene.Small b = blue.It's a recessive gene.

You have brown eyes.You can have either a BB gene or a Bb gene.

You can have the latter one,but your eyes are brown because it's the dominant one.
But you can still pass the b gene to LO and mixed with your OH's b,LO gets a bb gene and has blue eyes.

If you have a BB gene your LO's will always be brown eyed even though it will inherit the small b gene from daddy,because your is dominant.

Ok,rambling now...:lol:
I have no idea when it changes.Lola-Rose has blue eyes so far too even though mines are brown,her daddy's are blue.

I think i read that they continue changing for up to 2years!

My LO's are blue at the moment but i expect they will change to brown like mine and her Daddys.

Although my MIL informed me that they will stay blue now as they haven't changed yet.....annoys me when people tell me things about my child....silly woman!

My Lo's are blue, Mine are dark brown and daddys are green. I wish hers would be brown but looks like they'll be blue. They're pretty though

See the genetics go : the daddy has a bb gene.Small b = blue.It's a recessive gene.

You can have the latter one,but your eyes are brown because it's the dominant one.
But you can still pass the b gene to LO and mixed with your OH's b,LO gets a bb gene and has blue eyes.

If you have a BB gene your LO's will always be brown eyed even though it will inherit the small b gene from daddy,because your is dominant.

I have no idea when it changes.Lola-Rose has blue eyes so far too even though mines are brown,her daddy's are blue.

Lol!! That really confused me on first read. I can't even blame pregnant brain anymore :dohh: how about lack of sleep brain instead? :lol:

I hope they stay blue - i luurrve blue eyes!

I learned at uni that a baby's eye colour can still change any time up to a year old... so whatever colour their eyes are by their 1st birthday is the colour they will stay. Before then, they can still change.

(I'm an optician BTW!! :rofl:)

Lol!! That really confused me on first read. I can't even blame pregnant brain anymore :dohh: how about lack of sleep brain instead? :lol:

I hope they stay blue - i luurrve blue eyes!

:rofl:
Sorry... :blush:
It's a classic case of 'skip before your brain is damaged' post.:dohh:

Anyway,I think they change for a big period of timeI even know people who had blue eyes at 5 but at 10 they were green....
But they could stay blue too :)

thanks girls. I did have a rumage through google but every site i found told me they could even change in adulthood so thought i'd ask you girls and see what happens in practice!

Amy - i think i understand it now!! Just took my brain about 12 hours to process it :rofl: My parents have different colour eyes so possibility i carry both genes. Fingers crossed 4 blue!

Tom's were dark blue at birth and now they are sky blue at 3 months:) With lots of white flecks - like a snow flake - just like mine!

Max's eyes Wont change I think both me and dad have eyes that are pear (change color ) so he has green, grey and dark blue some days

I was wondering the same thing!

My eyes are light blue OH's are brown.
Daisy's are a dark blue at the moment so I don't think they will stay that colour, I'm so impatient, I want to know what colour they will be!! :blush:

My son's eyes have changed and he's 5. His were blue, eventually he started to get a bit of green around his pupil. In the past year or so, that green has increased more. So now he has blue eyes, with some green in them.

Hannah was born with brown eyes and they have lightened a bit but I think they'll stay brown....most of my family have darker eyes (including me) and DH is Chinese, I'd be shocked if they changed from brown :lol:

I was wondering the same thing!

My eyes are light blue OH's are brown.
Daisy's are a dark blue at the moment so I don't think they will stay that colour, I'm so impatient, I want to know what colour they will be!! :blush:

haha i'm the same, impatience is my middle name :rofl: :blush:

maddi' were born blue and are still blue, just like her daddy, james has eyes like swimming pools :cloud9: mine are green, i hope hers don't change, i adore maddi and her daddies eyes :cloud9:

Seths eyes have gone completely brown. They were really dark blue when he was born

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->