LO's sleeping on their front

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
when joshua sleeps on me lays on his belly but when he sleeps in his cot i put him on his back.

i was wondering if he would sleep better on his belly of aa night time.

how do you put your LO down om their belly?

oh and when/if he co,es into our bed he will only sleep on his side.

i guess i could try that in his cot but do i wedge his back so he doent roll onto his back.
and wont he get a numb arm when hes laying on it all night?

When Chase was about a month old I figured out that he loved sleeping on my chest as it was nice and warm on his tummy if he was gassy. I tried sleeping him on his front and he took longer naps. I then put him on his tummy to sleep at night and he sleeps very well that way.

On his back, he's up in 10 minutes.

i cant even put joshua down when he naps in the day.

he either sleeps on me or in his bouncy.

if i put him down he wakes straight away if i put him down while hes awake he just screams.

when you put him down do you twist his head to the side so his face isnt down?

Tegan sleeps really well on her front but we don't put her that way often. If you trust your instincts, I would say go for it :)

i dont know if i trust my instincts or not.

if he went down for a nap (on his own)through the day i could try it then but he doesnt.

My bubs sleeps all the time on his belly even during the day whenever having a nap...he won'y hardly sleep on his back...he has been sleeping on his front since he was 2 months roughly...xx

I would never put a baby to sleep on their front, it increases the risk of cot death. Completely and utterly not worth it in my opinion. But each to their own.

Caitlyn wouldnt sleep longer than 20 mins on her back. She is a tummy sleeper through and through. If you put him on his belly invest in a sensor monitor, really puts your mind at rest!

xxx

I put Olivia down on her back but she rolls over straight away onto her tummy. I dont move her though, I wouldnt like some one to move me and disturb me when im comfortable and asleep. Before she could roll over she slept on her side

x

Hannah sleeps on her back at night (we still swaddle her though as she likes sleeping that way). And during the day we put her down on her side with her comfort blankey

Amelia started on her back then her side and now she is a complete tummy sleeper. She just won't settle any other way. I must admit though that i didn't put her to sleep on her tummy until we bought the angel sounds sensor pad. Its great for putting your mind at ease.

Also she can sort of push herself up with her arms and lifts and turns her head really well now, i don't think it will be long before she is crawling (eeps!).

If you are confident that he can turn his head from side to side with ease and he prefers sleeping like that then you could try it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->