Losing my mind

slowpoke22

Reaction score
About two weeks ago my baby started arching and struggling and acting constantly like she wanted a bottle. All the hungry signs. Turns out she isnt hungry but she screeches, and then drinks a bit but won't burp. During the day she burps perfectly but as soon as evening hits she will not wind at all. And I mean its a struggle. She screams out in pain with it but I try every trick I know and nothing works. The doc mentioned silent reflux but the gaviscon was a dud, so went back and the other GP disagreed with reflux as she doesnt sick up (erm, thats why it's SILENT reflux...) put her on nutramigen in case she wasnt tolerant to the protein particles in cow and gate. The nutramigen doesnt seem to be making much of a difference but it's only two days.

I just dont know how to help her. she's in pain and she is so upset come evening. please someone give me some tips?

my daughter who is two has chronic constipation and now madeleine is just not burping. what did i do wrong? why do my babies have such pain? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Have you tried any of the over the counter winding remedies like infacol, colief or gripe water?

We found infacol really good from 1-8 weeks as LO would struggle to burp at all Feds. You just give then a dropper full before each feed then burp as normal every 1 or 2 ounces as needed.

Firstly I'm sorry to read this, it's very hard to see them in pain.

I would personally try gripe water or infacol,worked amazing for ours.
Also try feeding her sitting up more. Xx

I agree with pp's. Isabella used to squirm and squeal in pain wanting milk but not able to drink it. After a feed with infacol before it she was a different baby. She used to burp like a drunk person but at least she settled lol. Gripe water made her throw up entire bottles so i stopped that quite quickly but others find it great xxx

Can I ask if baby is formula fed? My son was very similar to your daughter and I found a change of formula if you have not already done so to help. I changed to comfort milk cow and gate that and infracol worked a treat

Another one for infacol. It makes her fart more but as long as the wind is coming out...

Remember it's not your fault. I've cried before when that little face has looked up at me asking me to make it better and I don't know how. You are doing anazingly with two LO!

No matter how hard I try to burp and burp my lo it just doesn't happen. I feed him a hour before nap to try and get all the wind out and nothing helps. I get so tired of tryin I just give up. I can't wait till he can burp himself. So I know how you feel.

Same, found infacol really helpful. It's combines all the tiny air bubbles into one giant man sized burp! It's great!

I too think infacol. It is good stuff!!

How many different positions do u try for burping? Oddly, DD burps best (like a sailor) sitting sideways on my knee, hand firmly flat against her belly and her leaning forward and wait... about 15 secs ... massive belch x2!!!

I use Cocyntal on my LO and it works great. We tried gripe water first but what a waste of money that was, as she wouldn't even swallow the stuff. She would just look at me like "What IS this? NO" and spit. She seems to be mostly okay with drinking the Cocyntal, she rarely spits it out and it works within 10min.

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere. This place is a mine of information!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->