Losing myself!!!!

redpoppy

Reaction score
Hello peeps.

My baby is becoming a nightmare with napping and I just wanted some opinions on a few things.

1. Are there any "methods" you recommend to help baby to sleep calmly?
2. Will she grow out of sleeping on me/in the wrap and if so by when? (my back and shoulders are fine now but at some stage she'll get too heavy!)
3. Why has she started gettign REALLY grumpy on some sleeps when she used to just go straight to sleep on me or in the wrap? Is it because i'm trying to teach her to sleep without me too early or is that silly?
4. DO you think teaching a 3 month old to self settle in the day is better than training an older baby or is 3 months is too young?

Opinions are great but EXPERIENCES are better!!!! :flower:

sorry, can't help you there. i'm still trying to get lo to sleep somewhere other than me or the car.

when you've cracked it let me know!

i can't complain though he's been sleeping 11+ hours at night for a good 10 weeks now! :happydance:

There's no magical formula, sadly. Some babies are lighter sleepers/harder to settle than others and all babies' patterns change a fair bit.

Molly naps on me or in the Mei Tai in the day and we co-sleep at night and she sleeps well then. She will often sleep in bed if she's sleeping in the Mei Tai after an outing and I gently pop her down and unzip her snowsuit/coat.

She'll grow out of it eventually, I can only recommend that you have a strong daily routine until then to let her know what's happening next. Certain forms of sleep training have been condemned as emotionally damaging in the long term so I can't really recommend them and wouldn't anyway.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->