Losing teeth

Pearls18

Reaction score
My eldest (6 and 4 months) has just lost one of his top centre teeth, is this a normal age? What age were your kids and what did they lose first? Do they lose every tooth (sorry for the stupid question but I don't remember losing my back teeth!!) how long does this take? When do the new ones come through?

It's felt like a while since I've had a proper parenting question ha!!

My eldest will be 6 at the weekend. She lost her bottom two teeth at 5 & 2 months, and lost her top 2 front teeth about a month ago. Quite a few in her class lost theirs a good bit before her, yet some haven't lost any. Sounds perfectly normal to me, and although bottom teeth tend to fall out first, it's not unheard of for them to be lost in a different order (just as some babies get their teeth in different orders)

All of my daughters adult teeth started to grow in before she lost her baby ones, which were pushed out. One of her top front teeth is pretty much fully throug but one is only out of the gum a little. Some kids don't get their adult teeth through for a while after losing baby teeth, though!

And I think they lose their first 2 molars, but not the ones that have just come through (my daughter got her 3rd molars in a few months ago, I'm pretty sure they are permanent but the ones she got as a baby/toddler will fall out)

My daughter lost her first bottom tooth at 5 years, 9 months and the second two months later. She hasn't lost any top teeth yet. Some kids in her kindergarten have lost top teeth already and some kids haven't lost any. There is a year or span in which most children lose teeth.

They generally lose them in the same order they come in. Bottom center, then top center, top outer, bottom outer, first molars, canines, last second set of molars. They don't lose the molars they get when older, 6 year, 12 year and Wisdom teeth. My DD hasn't gotten the permanent molars yet.

My boy lost his 2 middle bottom teeth close to his 6th birthday, he lost the middle top ones after a year close to his 7th birthday. He has a wobbly side top one. For him it takes forever to grow the new teeth, but he was a late teether & got his 1st tooth a week after his 1st birthday

Joshua was quite 'old' when he lost his first tooth. He was nearly 8! He has now lost three (2 bottom and 1 top, another is wobbly). He didn't get any teeth until he was over a year old though so I'm guessing he is just a year behind.

My little girl has lost 8 so far - she's 5, the first couple were when she was 4, but she's the only child in her year that has lost teeth - but she was an early teether.

Thanks, sounds like as always everyone is different! It only seems like yesterday he was teething, feels way too soon for this!

My DS is 5.5, several kids in his class have lost a tooth/teeth, at least 3 lost their first tooth while they were in Reception which seemed super early to me! I'm not sure what the average is though.
There's a little girl at nursery with DD, she lost 2 teeth before she was 4!

Mine lost 1st tooth between 5 and 7 and they are still losing them now (age 11 and 12)

My 5 year old (will be 6 in Feb). Lost both her front bottom teeth within 2 weeks of each other a month ago and the adult teeth are both half way through already. They seemed to be wobbly for a few weeks. She has all 4 3rd molars? I think there called.

My DD was 5 and half when she lost her first tooth. She lost the bottom fronts first within a week of each other and recently lost another bottom as the new big teeth pushed it out. Her top front have been wobbly for about 3 months so waiting for those to go.

Though she won't touch them so they have to come out on their own. First one I helped out because it was holding on by a thread, second fell out while brushing teeth and third came out while she was eating pizza at school.

Oh and her 6 year old molars came through a couple months back

My DD was 5 and half when she lost her first tooth. She lost the bottom fronts first within a week of each other and recently lost another bottom as the new big teeth pushed it out. Her top front have been wobbly for about 3 months so waiting for those to go.

Though she won't touch them so they have to come out on their own. First one I helped out because it was holding on by a thread, second fell out while brushing teeth and third came out while she was eating pizza at school.

Oh you're braver than I helping her, I couldn't even look at it wobble ha! DS1 was the same, took a little while as he didn't wiggle it.

I lost my first tooth just after I turned 5. 5 or 6 is the usual age for kids to start losing their teeth.

It has just occurred to me that as DS1 is 5 this year and therefore may start losing his teeth and I haven't really mentioned to him yet that they fall out and you grow new ones! :lol:

Yes, by the way, they will lose all of their baby teeth. They fall out progressively over a few years and I think most kids have lost all their baby teeth around age 12.

These graphs show when the baby teeth fall out and when the adult teeth erupt, these are just averages and the age can vary lot, I have seen 4 year olds that have started to lose baby teeth but I have also seen 9 year olds that havent lost any.

https://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/e/eruption-charts

Oh you're braver than I helping her, I couldn't even look at it wobble ha! DS1 was the same, took a little while as he didn't wiggle it.

If I hadn't helped she would've swallowed it in the night else I wouldn't of touched it. Wobbly teeth have always freaked me out (apart from my own)

What does the "tooth fairy" do with teeth?

I currently have DSs first tooth in a money bag and can't decide if I should just bin it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->