Losing weight on GD diet

K

Kellya009

So I've been doing my GD diet for about 6 weeks now. In the last 4 I've lost 2 lbs.

It's not an incredibly low carb diet, but I cut out all the desserts and candy I was eating before, and now drink only water and milk. And I'm
Not hungry!!

I'm almost 34 weeks and have gained 18 lbs, and I was a totally healthy weight prepregnancy. I'm 5'5"... 114 lbs pre and today was 132.

I'm worried my dietician will be mad at me for losing weight.

Should I be concerned?

Mine told me to call if I lost weight and they would change the diet. You shouldn't be losing in pregnancy. Are they having you check for ketones?

Yup I check for ketones every morning. Nothing so far!! My OB doesn't seem concerned, I'm seeing my dietician tomorrow.

This happened to me when they first put me on the diet. I ended up being put on Metformin to try to help. Now I'll go a week and gain a lb or two, and the next week I'll be the same or less. It's frustrating!

My dietician said that it's normal to lose a little bit of weight, and that baby will take what it needs regardless. I'm 37 weeks, and had lost about 4 pounds when I started the diet, and my weight gain sort of plateau'd out for a few weeks, and in these last couple weeks I have only gained a few back. Doc and dietician all said it was fine, since I"ve gained about 25 pounds total now. As long as it's not drastic, I think you're ok, probably just losing a little extra weight from stopping the sugars, which is what happened with me :)

To be honest I think your bound to lose a little weight to begin with, due to cutting out all the sugar etc thats obvious in my eyes.

I lost 2kg in the first 2 weeks of me altering my diet due to GD and noone has said anything. (I was overweight to begin with!) Not sure what I've lost in the last 2 weeks!

I think when you alter your diet and eat healthier its inevitable that you lose weight, despite people saying you shouldn't lose weiht during pregnancy.

Since becoming pregnant and changing the way I look at food and generally eating healthier, then cutting out all the chocolate, sweets and full fat coke since being diagnosed with GD I've lost just under a stone!! I go to a weight management in pregnancy programme as my pre pregnancy bmi was 34, and they are more than happy with what I've been doing and have always said that baby will take what it needs first and leave you the rest!!

I wouldn't worry too much xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->