Losing Weight With PCOS While WTT

C

CMarie

Hiya :)

I've seen a couple of other older threads floating around about this topic, so I thought I'd start a new one: losing weight while we wait to TTC!

I'm currently 184 lbs, and I would like to lose 64 lbs before DH and I try for Baby #2. I have PCOS so it has made weight loss difficult, but with DH finally agreeing to try by this time next year (assuming I'm at a healthy weight), I feel motivated more than ever to get healthy. I was overweight during my first pregnancy & had some horrible complications as a result. I would like to be as healthy as possible the next time around :thumbup:

Right now I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my food intake & calories. I use my elliptical regularly, but DH challenged me today to do Insanity with him starting on Tuesday & I agreed...although I don't know why :haha: I've heard it's tough, but I'm eager to see results!

Do you ladies have a diet & exercise plan to stay healthy while you wait to TTC? I would love to hear any tips & advice :flower:

I am in a similar boat, but with #1. I have PCOS and am wanting to lose weight before TTC. I have been going to the gym and doing walk/run and elliptical.

I don't have PCOS, just wanted to wish you guys luck! :flower:

MyFitnessPal has been my biggest help (although I've fallen off of it and need to get back to it), along with getting a Fitbit tracker. it syncs with MFP and adjusts my calories automatically, which is nice. Find something you enjoy doing so it feels less like exercise and more like a fun activity (kickboxing was mine). And drink lots of water!

KThomas - Have you been able to lose weight somewhat easily? I'm really struggling despite exercising 5x a week & eating pretty healthy, although I think I eat too many carbs :haha: I'm also on Metformin to help with the weightloss but only just started on it so I'm hoping it helps! When are you guys planning on TTC?? It's so exciting when it's your first one!

Kitteh - Thanks for the tips! I really struggle with drinking lots of water, but Pinterest has helped me with that a bit. I've heard a lot of good things about the Fitbit so I might have to look into it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->