• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

loss of appetite is so frustrating

Selaphyna

Mom of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
Well I'm either 38w1d (if you go by doctor's records), or I'm 37w4d by dating scan. The last few days I had started to notice that I couldn't eat as much at a time, almost like my stomach has shrank. Well now today, I don't want to eat anything and I'm not really hungry. All I've really had is a 12 oz cup of 2 % milk, and I felt full after that.

I've been dealing with heartburn really bad, and if I eat, I feel like I'm going to get sick later. Most evenings, usually about midnight to 1am I am actually getting physically sick due to heartburn, or I aspirate as I'm sleeping, which causes a coughing fit. Last night, I had to sit up the whole night after an episode because nothing was touching the heartburn. I finally got to lay down this morning and slept 3 hours after OH left for work, but even then I could still feel the acid in my throat.

Sorry I'm just whining a bit. I've been very uncomfortable the last few days, and felt very off.

Are you being treated for the heartburn? My appetite dropped completely when my heartburn kicked in but now that I have regular medication to take me appetite has returned. The heartburn could be due to acid reflux and it's so much better once treated. Good luck xxx

I haven't actually been prescribed anything. After my doctor's appointment today, I read up on my past appointments on the website that I've been told to take Zantac as needed (which I do, no more than one a day though), and I'm to take tums 3 times a day before meals.

I finally took a zantac yesterday evening as well as some tylenol and was able to eat a bagel. Today I had breakfast, but that was 8am, and I have yet to feel like eating anything else. OH and I were planning on going out to dinner about 5pm anyway, so part of me wants to make sure I'm not feeling full at that time. Right now I'm just trying to make sure I get enough fluids by drinking water.

I take ranitidine each night before bed and have gaviscon advance as and when I need it and it's definitely helped me to feel as though I can eat more without the dread of feeling sick after. I hope you feel better soon xx

Hi hun I suffered horribly with heartburn too and it was causing me to pyshically be sick at night and not eat. I went to the GP and he prescribed me a huge bottle of gaviscon which I take after meals and again before bed time. It has made a HUGE difference! I'm back to eating and actually get in sleep without waking up to be sick. I'd really recommend seeing your GP, the relief is amazing and it's not worth suffering for when it can be easily treated. (I didn't want to take much medication but gaviscon is perfectly safe so when I finally gave in and got some I just wished I'd done it sooner!)

I wish my appetite would go away lol.

But on a serious note, what you have Said sounds so much like my first pregnancy, I couldn't eat much at all without feeling uncomfortable, to the point I'd have to go lay down straight after a meal, it was my only way of getting comfortable.

As for the heart burn, I never found anything that worked for me, I was taking a lot of gaviscon but it didn't really help.

I hope you feel a bit better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->