Loss of appetite

Happyveggie

Reaction score
Has anyone else lost their appetite? I'm forcing myself to eat as I know it's good for baby, but after a few mouthfuls I feel full and a bit queasy/bloated etc. it's not like morning sickness, more of a constant unsettled , too full stomach feeling. It's starting to make me feel really miserable especially as I usually love my food. It's our wedding anniversary next week and we were planning on going out for a nice meal to celebrate but I just don't think I can face it

It comes and goes for me, some days I can't get enough food in my mouth lol and others I have to remind myself to eat. Hopefully it's normal and evens out...?

Yes! I can remember this from last pregnancy too, even after just a few forkfuls of dinner I feel like ive eaten a 4 course meal, its really uncomfortable and feel hugely bloated. I don't feel like anything, I stand staring into the fridge thinking what to make for dinner and don't want any of it! Im forcing myself to eat just for baby.

This is normal, and tends to get worse over third tri. As the baby grows and your uterus expands upwards, it puts pressure on your stomach. This can make you feel full very quickly, and give you acid reflux. I remember getting to a point where I gave up in "meals" and just grazed lightly all day to make sure j got enough to eat without feeling sickly over-full.

This is how I feel too. I'm starving and make a big meal, but after two or three forkfuls I feel stuffed and can't manage any more.

I've been trying to eat little and often but it isn't working as well as I'd hoped.

Is this normal for the second tri? I'm really struggling to eat a full meal and I'm only 23 weeks. Of course I'm a lot bigger this time than I was the last couple times too. It's a double edged sword. I'm hungry, just not for anything in particular, if that makes any sense (it doesn't to me lol) and when I do eat something I can only eat so much before I feel miserably bloated. I've actually been more thirsty than hungry. I remember getting to that point in past pregnancies but I didn't think it happened until like 35 weeks onwards. Starting early this time plus I'm already dealing with heartburn and that doesn't help with the queasy/always full feeling.

Lilmisscaviar that's exactly how I feel and I'm also 23 weeks. I literally can't think of any food I want to eat. I remember feeling something similar with the last one but much, much later on. However it seems from the other responses (thanks everyone!) that this is normal. I feel a bit better since yesterday when I tried the grazing thing throughout the day rather than normal size meals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->