Loss of twins one week apart

Beans28

Reaction score
After Two failed IVF cycles my DH and I found out we were finally pregnant. At just past five weeks I started spotting and felt completely terrified. I waited so long for my baby and the thought of loosing it... Anyway I insisted that my RE Office see me and check up on the baby so at five weeks we had our dirst ultrasound and found out we were having twins. The MD saw no bleeding aroun the babies and assumed the spotting was from vaginal irritation caused by my progesterone inserts. I went another week without any spotting until one night when I sat down and blood POURED out of me. I didn't see any tissue but I was convinced I had just MC'd so I went to the ER after inserting my progesterone. We got to see our babies hearts beat for the first time at the hospital that night. All of my tests were perfect and they had no clue where I bled from. A week later we went back to our RE office and were informed that one of our twins heart stopped beating. The size of the twin indicated that it grew until the moment it passed. All blood work was perfect an they could give me no reason for the loss.

My REs aprn assured my that my remaining baby looked perfect, had a strong heartbeat and was growing beautifly. I went home terrified that te unknown element that claimed one of my babies would take the other.

A week later when I went in for my last check with my REs office (8w6d) I was told my remaining baby died. Again they had no explanation as my scans, hormones and fetal growth were perfect until the moment it died.

I just know that episode of heavy bleeding was related. I never spotted against after that. I wish I could share my REs thoughts on my losses, but I have not seen or heard from him since the ET. His APRN has handled all of my visits since then. I asked the OBGYN that was going to start my care to perform the d&c (I go wed) and I plan on sending the remains for genetic testing.

I'm just so baffled that I could loose both of my babies after they had a 95-98% chance to survive. Has anyone experienced this? Is it just me or is it to weird that I had all of that bleeding and then it just stopped.

I should say that I have had a several tests done to check for fibroids etc and nothing has shown up. I had Bloodwork which showed I have no autoimmune or clotting problems and I have zero infections which could cause this.

Thank you to everyone who read this very long and probably poorly written (quite emotional right now) story.

I have no words of advice for what might have happend, but I wanted to let you know how sorry I am for both of your losses. I hope you find comfort and support in this site, knowing that others have been down a similar road and can relate on some level and help you through this.

It must be so frutrating that the doctors cannot offer you any type of reason to what might have gone wrong =/

no advice but didnt want to R&R.. i'm so sorry for the loss of your twins. we are all here for you<3

I am sorry. The statistics, seem reassuring, but tbh they are not. I am sure your bleed had something to do with the loss, but have no idea what. Again, I am so, so sorry. Hugs.

I'm so sorry for both of your losses, what a horrible thing to have to go through. I'm sorry I don't have any advice. :hugs:

I'm so sorry for you losses :hugs: :hugs: with my first miscarriage it was a similar situation for me - i had a scan because i had been bleeding (this was about 8 and a half weeks) and all was fine and they actually told me (without even me asking) that I was a very low risk of miscarriage - then suddenly less than 2 weeks later i started bleeding a lot and that was the start of the miscarriage.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. And after IVF it must be especially difficult to cope with :hugs: :hugs:

so sorry , just been through the same thing last week, saw the heartbeat and they told me everything was perfect and fine even though id had 1 speck of blood.

1week later returned for follow up scan and baby had died

This is the second time its happened to us so know how you are feeling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is absolutely soul shattering. I just had my D&C we will wait and see if we get any news from the testing and then we will decide how we want to procede. Certainly with another RE it's been 2 weeks since my first baby died and a week from te second and he never once called to talk to me!

:hugs: I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope you find the answers you're looking for. x x

I thought of another question, I noticed that shortly before the first loss my HCg wasn't doubling as it had been. Early on it always doubled or tripled like crazy but then it slowed down. I asked my REs aprn an she said hcg was important before you saw the heartbeat, after that, as long as it was rising they didn't care.

Has anyone else EVER heard this before?

Didn't want to R&R. So sorry for your losses. I was expecting twins as well, and we lost one last night. We were expecting MoMo twins, and they said from the u/s that she had not grown past 7+5... so they are ruling it twin to twin transfusion. We picked out a name, the nurse thought we were insane, but it didn't feel right not giving her a name. Not sure that they are girls, but I just have a strong gut feeling that they are. We named her Avery Lynn, and unfortunately we cannot have any testing done as they are in the same sac, and removing her would require removing both. Not gonna happen. My OB said most likely because of the small gestation that she will become a vanishing twin, caused by fetal reabsorbtion. I am so very very very sorry for your losses and hope that you get the answers you want from the testing. My hugs and prayers go out to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"