Lost baby - hope this is the right place

hugs3409

Third Tri !!!! YAY!!!
Reaction score
I am saddened and hurt by what happened to me today. I am hoping to get some relief here. Has this happened to anyone before? did I make the right decisions?

I had a doctor appt today to see how things were going etc... They first told me I was just shy of 9 wks. The they did an exam and told me to wait so I can get an ultrasound. When we went in for the ultrasound the midwife told the doctor that I was only measuring at 8wks. Well there went my world, the ultrasound showed a great sac, but a baby that had no heartbeat. It had stopped growing at about 8 wks. I dont know if it ever had a heartbeat or not, but today it didn't. She said it was something that no matter what we did or didn't do it would not have made a difference. She said most likely something was wrong with the baby and thats why it stopped growing. So now I was faced with 3 choices.
1. let it terminate on its own ( who knows when that would actually happen)
2. take a few pills and within 6-24 hours it would be gone.
3. go to the OR for a d&c

I chose the pills as I am not too into getting operated on and I don't think I can sit and wait to expel my baby by just letting it takes its course. Now I am thinking I should have chosen the d&c, it would have been over already and here I have to sit and figure out when to insert these pills and wait for it to happen.

Has anyone used this pill to terminate? What affects did it have on you? When is a good time to insert them? I thought at night, but my MW told me I would be up all night. this hurts so bad, I don't know what to do, think, say etc... thanks all

So sorry you are going thru this, it really is a personal choice. the thing with D+C IMO, is yes it gets thru quicker, but doesn't always completely work and you may have to have another. This also makes it a little harder if you want to TTC right away, again another personl choice. IMO when they do the D+C they really clean the lining so MDs will tell you to wait a little longer to TTC, to let your lining build back up.

Of course natural, can be scary.
Medical management they also tell you to wait, depending on what they give you, so it doesn't cause issues in a future pregnancy (if it is soon).

Good luck with whatever you decide. ((HUGs))

I did make my decision, I have the pills, I just have to figure out when to use them. She did tell me to let a normal cycle go through before trying again though. So I guess it will be at least 2 months for me, but will try again when I can.

i also took medication to induce my first miscarriage. i was almost 16 weeks. they gave me 4 pills to insert vaginally and i did so around 2 in the afternoon. it took a few hours for them to kick in. expect diarrhea, vomiting, and cramping.... like intense cramping. im not going to lie it was the hardest and most painful thing i ever went through, but i also felt that it was worth it. i got to see my baby (who was by then only measuring at about 8 weeks) i got to hold him and see his fingers and eyes and i wouldnt have traded that for anything. i got to a point about 5 or 6 hours into it where i couldnt deal with the pain anymore and took the pills out. it ended up being enough because a few hours after that my water broke and the baby and everything came. i passed the placenta the next day. im not sure how intense everything will be for you at 9 weeks but i think the key to it going a tad faster is to stay calm and try to just give into it as you would in normal full term labor. within 45 minutes of me just calming down and staying quiet, thats when my water broke. im so sorry you have to go through this. im sending love your way. you are strong.... dont forget that.

I'm so sorry for your loss. MC at any time is just painful for those ttc. I know you chose the pills but at least give yourself a few days to just think it over versus doing it immediately while your still raw with emotion. You'll still be emotional inna few days and continue while you grieve but hopefully not in the shell shocked way if first hearing the news. My condolences in this trying time.

Hugs to you xxxxx. I'm sorry for your loss. I miscarried naturally so no advice on the pills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->