Lost Post

WhiteGeisha

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone help me?

I sent a parcel to a lady on here on Monday, standard parcel.

She still hasn't received it a week on. I sent other things on Thursday standard parcel and they were received on Saturday.

Do you think it has been lost/stolen?

I have the certificate of posting somewhere but what do I need to do.

Really annoyed as this is the first time it has happened to me and I just can't work it out. If the postman has stolen it I hope he is really happy with his birthing ball!!!!
:cry:

iive sent sumat 2day SP and she said 3-5wrking days, u can email them with proff of postage and hopefully theyll helpx

If you sent it via Standard Parcels hun then you should be able to make a claim. I think Standard Parcels provides a basic compensation up to the amount of £42 (might be slightly higher) You will need to find the certificate of postage though. Hwever, I have been told in the past that you don't need a postage certificate for Standard Parcels anyway as they print the address on the till receipt and that's enough to make a claim. I would go onto the Royal Mail website and see what advice they give with regards to making a claim :flower: xx

Yeh I have the receipt printed from the PO with the ladies address on it. I think it's up to £41 but I read they pay the compensation in stamps??!! I will have to refund the lady as a gesture of goodwill but I don't particularly want £20 worth of stamps plus I am moving in 11 days and I am now out of pocket which is just such bad timing with the move and me being on my own with LO. Arghhhh!

I normally send things recorded but this weighed 1.8kg so to make any sort of profit I had to send it standard parcel!

Boooo to the person who has "misplaced" it, that's all I can say as it's not fair on people. The box wasn't the least bit small so it's not like a letter falling down a crack!x

That's awful - I didn't know they reimbursed with stamps. I'd check up on that tbh because that can't be right. What if you were selling something really expensive and took out extra insurance to cover the cost? Surely they wouldn't reimburse something worth £200 + in stamps. I'd go and check it out hun - hope you get it sorted out soon xx

That's awful - I didn't know they reimbursed with stamps. I'd check up on that tbh because that can't be right. What if you were selling something really expensive and took out extra insurance to cover the cost? Surely they wouldn't reimburse something worth £200 + in stamps. I'd go and check it out hun - hope you get it sorted out soon xx

No it was £20 hun :haha: but still, I don't need £20 worth of stamps!

They only reimburse with cash if you send recorded/special.

I had to send as a standard parcel as I only asked £10 posted (it was a birthing ball so was heavy to post...although I didn't realise quite that heavy!).

They won't do anything until 15days has passed anyway x

No it was £20 hun :haha: but still, I don't need £20 worth of stamps!

They only reimburse with cash if you send recorded/special.

I had to send as a standard parcel as I only asked £10 posted (it was a birthing ball so was heavy to post...although I didn't realise quite that heavy!).

They won't do anything until 15days has passed anyway x

:rofl: - sorry I misread :lol: x

Iv sent a letter before recorded and they have me 12 first class stamps as compo!

The letter had important docs in thats why i sent it recorded! ..

Hope you get this sorted x

It might turn up yet, I would wait a while before refunding. Maybe because it's a big one it has somehow got delayed!

I think you have 2 wait 15 days before putting in a claim

Taken from the Royal Mail website:

Please wait 15 working days (from the due date of delivery) before completing this form as we would not consider an item as lost until 15 working days have elapsed. We allow the 15 working days for items to be returned to the sender if there are any delivery problems.

Id wait a couple more days, my friend sent me a parcel about a month ago and it took 10 days to get me to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->