lost weight but now gaining at 4 weeks pp! Why??

holdontohope

Reaction score
Hello!

I am 4 weeks pp and I am EBF and pumping. I gained 22lbs during pregnancy and my little one was born 5 weeks premature.

At 2 weeks pp I had lost 19lbs and only had 3 more lbs to go till pre pregnancy weight. Now today at 4 weeks pp I stepped on the scale and I have gained 3lbs back!! :growlmad:

Does anyone know why??

I am still pumping and BF and I have the same appetite it hasn't changed in the last 4 weeks :shrug: Not sure what's going on but its so annoying!!

Some women find that they end up holding on to an extra few pounds, and some women actually gain weight while breastfeeding. On the other hand some women loose all the baby weight and then some, and then there are women who loose too much weight. You don't know which one you'll be until you've had a BFing experience. Your first baby always prepares you for the 2nd though!:thumbup:

All women loose 15-20 lbs in the few weeks after birth due to baby, placenta, fluid volume extretion, etc. After that it's all calories in vs calories out. Metabolism, hormones, etc does play a role obviously. Some women will burn more calories BFing than others, so now that you're past the initial post partum weight melt you'll just need to experiment with how many calories your body is needing to maintain and then cut calories appropriately. BFing does tend to cause women to hold on to some extra fat, for reserves, regardless of how much they loose. I have BFed all my kids. I I'm 5 ft 8 inches, and started at my pregnancy with DS2 at 125 lbs, was 151 lbs when he was born, and was 116 lbs by the time he was 3-4 mos old. I noticed a bit of a difference in the small amount of fat deposits I had by a few weeks after I stopped. I know there are some good apps that can help you track calories, etc too.

Pre-pregnancy I was 250 pounds. End of pregnancy I was 282 pounds (gained 32). LO was 10 pounds 6 ounces. Today at 12 days PP I am 248 pounds (lost 34). I have no idea why or if it is normal. I did have GD & am breastfeeding a boy who likes to eat a lot! I am happy to be losing weight... I just hope it isn't a symptom of something else.

With my 1st LO I gained 75 pounds and only lost 25 over a year! That is when I got pregnant with my 2nd. I did not breastfeed my 1st.

I know this doesn't answer any questions to your situation. But TatorMom is right, everyone loses & gains differently. Changing hormones, metabolism, calories, extra fluid weight.... all play a part.

I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy, and found a week after LO was born, I had lost 30 lbs total. Now I'm gaining it all back, while BF/Pumping. I think it might just have to do with hormones maybe. Possibly gaining extra muscle from carrying around a LO and carseat. In time when things regulate, you might end up losing it all.

I'm 9 months PP, and I had the exact same thing, I went from 9st to 11st in pregnancy, then went down to 9st 4 after the birth, then went back up to 9st 7oz! I'm still that weight now, I can't seem to shift those extra few pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->