lots of BH = body making progress towards labor?

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
I've been getting a good bit of BH tonight.. Does this possibly mean my body is gearing up and maybe making progress towards the start of labor? I know it could still be weeks but right now any progress would make me feel better!

It might be! I got loads leading the weeks up to my previous labours.
They can also come on if you are dehydrated so make sure you are drinking enough water x

I hope so Brittany!
( I have no experience to offer as I was induced at 41+3 and 41+1 so I'm not a 'go into labor' or 'produce a baby around my due date' kinda girl). Honestly it can happen overnight, so maybe you're close. No dialation, doesn't matter labor can still happen tomorrow, Braxton hicks, labor can start tomorrow. For some women it's like a switch flips and boom it just starts. Hoping maybe she cooks one more week then comes for ya! Checking for your updates :)

Just an aside, my baby ( by US) and my fundal height have been measuring 2 wkS ahead the whole time. EVERY appt my dr measures and says whoa, you're ahead, bet this baby will come early for you! ( I had a diff OB my last 2 preg so these drs have no idea....) I just roll my eyes and am like, no, it's not gonna come early. Heck, it's not gonna even come on time.
I remember you getting sick of hearing people telling you to just " enjoy while you can" and haha I'm gonna slap the dr the next time they tell me this again, prolly my next appt!

haha! yeah, well I had my apt today and I am 1cm dilated, but he didn't say anything about being effaced all he said was "I don't feel her head yet" which was weird because my last two appointments he told me her head was very low, but no progress had been made.

so now I'm getting all these "1cm dilated doesn't mean anything" comments.. but they just don't know that to me it means a lot. It means I haven't been in pain and with all this horrible pressure for no reason!

I don't know for sure, but I think the increased BH is a sign. I have had them for the longest time, but I mean I would go days without one. Even in the past week I didn't have very many then all of a sudden last night I had tons! I actually timed them because there were a couple that were very uncomfortable and kinda painful. They didn't have any kind of correlation - just came randomly and some were barely noticeable and some were extremely noticeable. So even though I will probably still be here in 2 weeks saying the same thing.. I really hope she decides to come the first week in March!

I sure hope so! I have had them like crazy today... Literally every few min .... It's driving me insane , just wish they'd get super painful since they are so close together .... 39.5 wks here.... Praying for a miracle !! Since my dr is an Ahole and won't induce me til March 3rd..... I'm so upset about it! This has been the most miserable pregnancy of a lifetime....

My bh got very regular around 36-37 weeks and although she didn't come until 41 weeks my labour was relatively easy

4 hours from start to fin and pushed for 40 min which I'm told is great fir your first baby

I like to think all those weeks of bh made me have a easy labour :)

Good luck Hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"