Lots of complications..need advice.

TenshiFox

Reaction score
So, I'm new here, and also a FTM.. I have chronic hypertension [I've had it since I was 17 and now I'm 24] which leads me to high risk of pre eclampsia. (went to the hospital for symptoms of hypertension and they believe i have it though all tests are normal) i epically failed my 1 hour GD test with a whopping 329 blood sugar level. And I'm currently on penicillin for a group b strep uti. I'm trying so hard not to freak out, but it feels like everything is against me for this pregnancy. The only thing that really keeps me halfway stable is the fact my son is measuring and weighing on schedule. I'm 26 weeks today, and the thought of being stuck in a hospital until I give birth terrifies me, not to mention the likelihood I wont be able to carry full term. I just want my son to be okay..and I dont know if I should just tough it out and go to the hospital and let them admit me to give me steroids to boost lung development and put me on an iv of magnesium. I really just need some advice before I worry myself into sicknesses and hurt my son from the stress..thank you also for letting me vent..My DH is very supportive but he's newer to everything than I am. And he doesnt let me see how worried he is, trying to keep me calm..

Hi Hun

I thought u would comment as no one else has yet.

I'm sorry you are going through a lot. I am one of those mums who doesn't enjoy being pregnant, I find the whole thing stressful and am constantly anxious. Just try to remember as crap as it, is it is only for a short period of time in the grand scheme of things.

Try to do things that calm and relax you, reading or adult colouring books are good. If being in hospital is an option and it would make you feel a little less stressed etc then that's what you should do.

P.s men are great at hiding things but make sure you both talk things through x

Sorry you're going through all this, it must be very stressful for you. Do what's safest and least stressful for you and baby, and try to not overthink things if you can. It's so easy to get carried away with worrying and catastrophize everything. I'm guilty of fretting and worrying over lots of little things due to anxiety, but I try to keep a lid on it and enjoy being pg.
Also, if you can, try to enjoy non-pregnancy related things as often as you can. It's easy to feel stuck in a pregnancy bubble and become overwhelmed. Try to do some activities you enjoyed before your pregnancy. Hope all goes great for you, and I'm glad that baby is measuring as he should xxxxxxx :hugs:

I've had chronic hypertension since I was 19. I am currently on methyldopa. I am also a type 1 diabetic. My bit of advice is ask lots of questions and try the things that the doctors suggest. Try not to worry about things- What will be will be. Remember all those looking after you want the safe delivery of your baby and for both of you to be happy and healthy: they have your best interests at heart. Its tough but you can do it. I am on my 3rd pregnancy and neither the diabetes or the hypertension have caused any problems. I am being induced tomorrow, I've been through periods of immense stress and worry too and they pass. Do what you need to do to be as stress free as possible and to keep you and the baby healthy. You can do it. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->