Lots of fears and concerns, sorry if it sounds jumbled.

i cant offer much advice but i just want you to know that you are not alone. I have 2 boys and another on the way. My 2nd boy got nothing when he was born, my 1st got loads of things. Then i fell pregnant with this bubba and i had all the 'hope you get your girl this time' '2 boys now you need a girl' my MIL told me to SEND IT BACK if it wasnt a girl:growlmad: how bloody rude people are!

We are brainwashed into thinking that the perfect family consists of a boy and a girl, this is not the case. Your girls will be the best of friends, will play together, will look up to you like your and angel and love their daddy for all eternity.
As for not having a boy to carry on the family name, now days you can double barrel your last name and even be married and not take your partners name so there are options to be able to do that. You should not feel guilty for not having a boy! When i found out my 3rd was a boy i broke down. I felt so upset for not being able to give parents a granddaughter, my husband a little girl and everyone else who wished a prayed i was having a girl. Not one person said ' i hope you have a healthy baby'........
Only my mum, dad and brother congratulated me on my 3rd boy not 1 other person did. i was devastated but a week down the line i have now decided to ignore what other people think its nothing to do with them its my family my child and i am going to be excited and happy with a healthy baby.

Its hard not to care what people say and think but i think we need to do it for ourselves and our unborn baby.
:hugs:
Sorry not much advice there like i said but you need to vent we are here.

i cant offer much advice but i just want you to know that you are not alone. I have 2 boys and another on the way. My 2nd boy got nothing when he was born, my 1st got loads of things. Then i fell pregnant with this bubba and i had all the 'hope you get your girl this time' '2 boys now you need a girl' my MIL told me to SEND IT BACK if it wasnt a girl:growlmad: how bloody rude people are!

We are brainwashed into thinking that the perfect family consists of a boy and a girl, this is not the case. Your girls will be the best of friends, will play together, will look up to you like your and angel and love their daddy for all eternity.
As for not having a boy to carry on the family name, now days you can double barrel your last name and even be married and not take your partners name so there are options to be able to do that. You should not feel guilty for not having a boy! When i found out my 3rd was a boy i broke down. I felt so upset for not being able to give parents a granddaughter, my husband a little girl and everyone else who wished a prayed i was having a girl. Not one person said ' i hope you have a healthy baby'........
Only my mum, dad and brother congratulated me on my 3rd boy not 1 other person did. i was devastated but a week down the line i have now decided to ignore what other people think its nothing to do with them its my family my child and i am going to be excited and happy with a healthy baby.

Its hard not to care what people say and think but i think we need to do it for ourselves and our unborn baby.
:hugs:
Sorry not much advice there like i said but you need to vent we are here.

That was SO HELPFUL! You definitely gave me some great advice. Thank you so much.

I am so sorry that most people haven't been supportive of you! That is just horrible....especially to hear "give it back"! You are so right-people should just say, "as long as the baby is healthy!". Thankfully, most of my family members say that, so that has been helpful. It's mostly been outsiders who have had any negative opinions on it.

I'm so glad you are happy and excited. You totally should be. As should anyone who has different genders or the same genders or has beautiful babies at all. We are blessed to be able to have kiddos--the gender doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->