Loud Rock Show While Pregnant

bicornbump

Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I'm supposed to be going to a local rock show tonight. The venue is fairly small and the music can get quite loud.

Is it safe for baby or should I sit this one out?

I went to a Weezer and Blink 182 show in my second trimester. I googled it beforehand and everything I read said it's fine and that the music is very, very muffled by the time it gets to the baby's ears. Just don't get near any mosh pits, or cigarette/pot smoke.

I went to a blue october concert and parked myself near the speakers lol love me some rock☺

Go for it and enjoy! Like cnote said, just avoid obvious risks like being bumped in the bump. Oh and also make sure you dress and layers and take or buy plenty of water so you can stay hydrated and make sure you don't overheat. I wouldn't worry about the volume though, baby is well protected.

Although not in second tri, I did go to 4 or 5 gigs while pregnant with DS and he seems just fine (although I did find him headbanging to slipknot in his baby walker once ...).

I second the layers and water though. I had a hoody and jeans on at a small venue that got incredibly hot and, beside all the skimply dressed females at the bar, I kept being overlooked when trying to get water. Thankfully one of the support act band members seen me and managed to get me some water and checked I was okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->