lovely midwife appt question about breech baby

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
finally got to see my midwife today shes great shes been on holiday and i had a really quite nasty one so glad she is back lol
little madam is spot on for measurements at 31 weeks shes got a perfect strong heartbeat too.
however little madam is currently breech but my midwife says she will most likely turn before 36 weeks so just wondered if or when anyone elses baby turned ?
harry was head down from 28 weeks so not had this before
almost forgot she weighs about 4 lb 8 already lol

thanks hope your all well

emma

Mine turned at 35 weeks. If you go on the spinning babies website there are lots of tips for positions and stuff to help them turn.

Mine finally went head down at 34 weeks...she's got some time still!

My first baby didn't turn till 37 weeks ish. They booked me in for a section and she decided she would turn last minute.

Don't worry just yet :)

I feel like I could have written this post myself.
My son was head down from 28 weeks and stayed that way until he was born. However, this pregnancy I knew (based on kicks) from 28 weeks or so that my daughter was breech. I mentioned it to my OB at 30 weeks (as I was already starting to freak out) and he told me I was not allowed to worry until after 36 weeks. Ultrasound at 32 weeks confirmed she was breech. Then at 33 weeks out of the blue the kicks changed and I knew she had flipped. 34 week appt and 36 week ultrasound confirmed it. She is at 0 station so unlikely to flip again.

Here's what all my OB told me. Hopefully it will help calm your fears too like it did mine.

Less than 3% of babies are born breech or need a c/s because of it.

Second babies go head down much later in pregnancy because the uterus has already been stretched out by the first baby.

Oh, and our babies sound alike. Mine weighed 5lbs 3 ounces at 32 weeks and 8lbs 3 ounces at 36 weeks. She's projected to be 10-3 at birth, lol (her brother was 10-11 so I guess I just have big babies!

Mrsmck04 we are so alike lol my little boy was 11 lb 5 at birth I don't think I make small babies lol although I've been assured shes not as big as he was lol

Thanks so seems like she still has time yet then wish she would turn I get so breathless etc feels like she's right up under my ribs !!

Hope it eases up for you a bit and you can breathe! My son never really dropped before labor and his favorite place to hang out and kick was my ribs. He kicked my sternum out actually...thankfully didn't break a rib but I would hear them popping!

Didn't have this problem with DD either but this baby is breech at 32 weeks. MW told me not to worry until 36 wks, plenty of time to turn but from reading up on it, its a good idea to take steps to help it turn while its got room. Ive been trying some yoga exercises like the all fours and figure of 8 and the pelvic scoop 3 times a day. I even went as far as to shine a flash torch at the bottom of my stomach to see if it would work- it didn't as far as I know! But the website said to make the top of your stomach as boring as possible and the bottom of your tummy as exciting as possible. Babies are naturally curious so will follow a light if one is shone or play music at the bottom of your tummy or get OH/sibling to talk to it in that area or put a heat pad at the bottom and a bag of frozen peas at the top as they don't like cold and will go to where the heat is. Im not sure heat is particularly safe so am reluctant to try that but the frozen peas perhaps. I sound like a mad woman writing all of this but anything to avoid that ECV- sounds horrific!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->