low amniotic fluid

Jkirkbright

Reaction score
I'm 36weeks pregnant and my bump has been measuring 'below average' for some time now. Last Tuesday my midwife sent me for a scan to get measurements of the baby and check everything was well... All measurements of the baby were fine but my amniotic fluid levels are measuring slightly low. I've got to go back again on this coming Tuesday so they can view them again.

Has anyone else experienced this?? What was the end result?? Do I have anything to worry about??

I've tried looking online at things which I probably shouldn't as I'm reading things and worrying myself even more**any help would be great xxx

I havent experienced this but my doctor always tells me to drink drink drink water.
that helps create fluid for baby. and so far its done the trick. ii dont go extreme with my water intake but i do make sure i drink water in the morning before breakfast, and keep a glass of water next to my bed at night just in case i feel thirsty.
water does wonders... dont worry. if your baby measures fine, then whats another 4 weeks. just think postive :)

I was measuring small during my last pregnancy and got sent for a growth scan. The low fluid was an indicator of iugr and placenta problems for me, but as all your baby measurements were looking good, I wouldn't worry too much. Fluid can rise and drop as baby drinks/pee's. Don't exert yourself too much, and try to drink a decent amount of water. As baby was looking fine, chances are when you go back, your levels will be fine. You're at a fairly safe stage if baby did have to be delivered for any reason. All depends just how low it is though. Mine got to less than 1cm, which is when they really panicked and delivered, that did take from diagnosis at 24 weeks, to delivery at 34 weeks, so a gradual drop over time. Just stay away from google as you'll find stories with the worst outcomes.

I had low fluid last pregnancy and I had to drink a lot of extra water and rest as much as possible. I did it for a week and it brought it up a pretty good amount. :flower:

@lexi i am very sorry for your loss
@ op since baby is measuring fine i would not worry too much

Hi I have had low fluid for about 5 weeks now. It goes up & down but baby is measuring ok - a bit small but nothing to worry about. I was put on bed rest told to drink loads and within a week it went right back up! Try but to worry! In having a section at 36+2 due to a spine fracture of mine but they would have taken him at 37weeks if waters hadn't improved. As long as your movements are ok, placenta is working well don't worry! Just REST it made a huge difference to me and means I have held on for a good few extra weeks!!

Had my scan yesterday.. All went well and the fluid levels have gone up! Huge relief :happydance:

i've got low fluids at the moment. AFI is only 3.1, baby is measuring well and and very active.
i'm at the hospital tomorrow and monday, i'm wondering if they will induce me or section me this week.
i think my waters have been leaking, i keep feeling a trickle.
i had steroid injections this week to mature babys lungs.

any one experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->