• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Low dose anti dep. & breastfeeding

Coco14

Reaction score
I have been prescribed 20mg fluoxetine and I'm breastfeeding. I'm not prepared to stop BF. My son is 8 months old. Does anyone have any experience or advice please?

Basically i am suffering from exhaustion, my son, up until now has been a terrible sleeper, up every 1 to 3 hours a night and I have a 3 year old. The way I have been coping is by just keep getting on with it. Lots of walking and activities but 2 weeks ago it hit me and I had a very unexpected panic attack brought on by the tiredness. Since then it's been the worst 2 weeks ever. Exhaustion so bad at times I seriously thought I needed hospitalisation. Luckily my partner has the week off and I am improving slowly but not ready to cope alone.

The doc has prescribed this anti depressant more as a preventative, this situation is getting me down and at times I feel like I need it but when I feel good I don't think I'm depressed at all. She has said that she doesnt want me to get stuck in a cycle of this situation getting me down then feeling worse because I'm getting depressed.

Not sure what to do.

I'd like to hear any similar experiences. Thank you

I take sertraline (zoloft), and have off and on since my daughter was born. It has helped me quite a bit and i haven't noticed any affect on my dd.

I take 30mg paroxetine and have done since my LO was about 3 months (well, 25mg at first..) My GP assured me it would be safe while BF. Has your GP said the same?

I take 50mg Sertraline and my doctor said this was fine :thumbup:

I called my doc to make sure and she has changed the script to Sertraline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->