Low hbpm on home Doppler ?

mrs.e.e

Reaction score
Hi ladies just looking for a sanity check here, I was not worried about this pregnancy and ordered a Doppler for fun not reassurance now I'm regretting it !
I'm 10-11 weeks and found the hb easily. for a couple of seconds it showed c140 but was then more consistently 120 dropping to c116 too. Now I know these are still in the low normal range but I'm freaking out my normal pregnancy hb's Are c150. getting a mw tested Doppler isn't an option and my scan isn't for a couple of weeks. So my Q is has anyone had the same ??

You're probably picking up on a vessel in the placenta. They can initially register a bit high while the Doppler calculates the rate but anything under 120 is one of your vessels x

You maybe picking up yours Hun, the placenta makes more whooshing sounds and the babies is more like a train speeded up choo choo or like a galloping horse x

I agree, it's most likely placenta hun. Unless your medically trained to use a doppler it really is best not to panic yourself with any results you get from it.

I have folded the thing up and put away .... I will not be a neurotic worrying pregnant lady ! ☺️

Until later on you cant really look into the results on the screen as it can be a number of things. The only thing you want to look for is the sound of the hb. It will sound like a fast train and you will know its baby. Look up youtube videos to see how to actually use it and interpret the sounds.

Thank you, I've had a Doppler before with all my pregnancies so I'm pretty comfortable using it but I've never found the placenta instead of the baby before. Put it away for now And will maybe get it out again in a month or two x

I've been finding my own heart beat more often then baby's. there is a defiantly difference in sound though. my baby's sounds like a train, with my boys it sounded like a glapping horse

I pick up my placenta quite a lot, so far I heard baby three times and can tell the difference by the speed if the beats. Baby has been playin hide and seek the past few days though, I have to keep reassuring myself not to worry as baby is small and can easily hide behind a vessel or placenta. I would definitely recommend watching the YouTube videos to hear the different sounds you may pick up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->