Low HeartBeat at First Ultrasound :(

floridasian

Reaction score
Just had my first ultrasound this morning at 6W4D. We saw the gestational sac, the yolk sac, fetal pole, and heart beat. The sac measured 1-2 days ahead but since I ovulated 1-2 day early it was right on time. However, the heart beat was only 90 (it should have been at least 115 I think). My doctor said while it was low he wasn't sure how accurate his machine was for measuring heartbeat this early so he wanted me to go back in a week for a repeat ultrasound.

Anyone had a low heartbeat that "caught up" later on? Now I'm all worried :(

I don't have experience but may be it was the docs machine? and baby is measuring great so hopefully all is well. I know its hard but I hope your next apt comes round soon and you can put your mind at rest.

Ours was measuring 100. We went back two weeks later and he had died about the time of the US.

Hi

I don't have experience of this but all the other signs are positive - fingers crossed all is ok.

Sorry for your loss amjon. Was the sac measuring behind too or just the heart rate was slow? I can't seem to find any similar experience online where the sac measured on time but the heart rate was slow.

Hmm from what I gather that's normal ! Becoz it could off just started at that stage ! If it's low at 7-8week then that's not good x

I don't have any experience with this, sorry. I have my fx that all is well at the next u/s. I hope the week flies by for you.

That's a normal heart rate! :). 90-110 is the normal range. It increases about 3.3bpm per day until 9 weeks. Sounds like you have a perfectly normal little one!

My son's heartbeat was 94 at 5w6d, and my diagnosis was threatened miscarriage...the ER doctor said his heartbeat was too slow, and I was also bleeding/spotting, and had severe cramping, but he's almost two years old now.

Sorry for your loss amjon. Was the sac measuring behind too or just the heart rate was slow? I can't seem to find any similar experience online where the sac measured on time but the heart rate was slow.

It was measuring same as the baby.

I went in for a scan at 6w+1 and they said they recommend not measuring the heartbeat at that early stage, they just looked for evidence of one.

If he didnt know the accuaracy he should find out or not comment. I hope all is ok next week.

My doctor reassured me both times when I went EARLY for my first ultrasound (went at almost 9 weeks this time, so no reassurance necessary)..... that the heart doesn't even START beating until 7 weeks along. So, I'd say there's definitely a chance that the heart has just started beating for your baby, and it could certainly speed up by next week. Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

hi :) my son's heartbeat was 90 at 6+2, they were a little concerned it was low but also was told because it only starts beating around 5-6 weeks its hard to say so early on. Everything turned out fine, had a follow up a week later and was caught up. Try not to worry (although I know its hard sometimes)! Hope it all works out for you

My daughters heart rate was 101 at 6 weeks and I was told it might not work out, had a repeat at 7 weeks and it was 126. She's now a healthy, wild 11 month old. Best of luck to you.

i had an early ultrasound at 6 weeks due to bleeding; heart rate was 90-100 bpm.

AND my beautiful daughter is now almost 2 months old :)

best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->