Low Heartbeat

KFrey

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
I went to my first ultrasound today and I am not really sure what to make of it. All I know is I am trying to stay positive. The doctor did not even measure the size of the baby. She said I am really early... at the end of my 5 weeks or early six weeks. There was a heartbeat and she said it was strong but slow for her liking. She then turned off the machine and said we would need to come in next week to see how things look. I said isn't it normal for 100 bpms at early pregnancy and she was like not necessarily... She said it's not all doom and gloom yet but she didn't even give us pictures. I feel like maybe she saw something and didn't share with us. I don't know. My husband called to ask why they didn't measure or give us pictures and the nurse checked with the doctor and she said that she wanted to make sure we had a healthy pregnancy before giving us pictures.

If you have read my previous posts, I am a pretty big worry wart... I can't live like this though. I have a 15 month old that deserves the best from her mommy.

Lord, please take all worry from this household and let us feel at peace.

UPDATE: Ultrasound today showed little peanuts hb at 146 bpm!!! What a relief.

I don't have any answers or advice I'm afraid but I didn't want to read and run! I really hope everything works out for you xox :flow:

First off, it doesn't matter how the pregnancy ends, you should be allowed the pictures! They can't choose for you! I would demand a picture.

What I understand is that what's more important at this stage is that there IS HB, and the rate isn't important yet.
With all my early scans, not once did they measure the heart rate. That's odd she didn't measure the baby! That's the first thing my doctor did.
If you're only the end of week 5, beginning of 6, that's still really early to tell. I don't know why doctors are like that. I can't image how you must be feeling right now, but try not to worry, I'm sure that by next scan everything will be right on track.

if your at end of wk 5 / beginning of wk 6 very very good to have a HB! Its still 100, positive vibes girl.

HB sometimes not seen till 6+2 or 6+5 (when i seen ours). Best of luck for your next scan

I think everything Is fine and therE is nothing to worry about. I bet heart rate will be faster at next appt. just getting started this early. Lucky to even find a heart beat. GL! Try to relax! stress won't help. :hugs:

Thanks ladies! It was just strange. We were all laughing and joking with the doctor and then it was serious. Idk only Time will tell.

Best of luck. I've seen posts of people with babies with lower heart rates than that and by the next scan it was nice and fast. This week will be hard for you, do your best to relax and stay positive.

I think for being that early on that's actually a pretty solid heart rate. Big hugs - I understand the worrying!

I definitely think it's time to switch obs

When I was 5w 4d my baby only had a heart rate of 107bpm and that was considered heathy for that age....

Yup, I just saw on another thread, her baby was measuring 6 weeks with a heart rate of 106.

Really irritates me that she didn't even measure the baby so I have no idea how far along I am... she said end of 5 weeks beginning of 6. WHY WOUDLN'T SHE MEASURE.

I do feel a little more hopeful today... I went home early from work yesterday because I couldn't stop crying at my desk.

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! It really helps me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->