Low Iron & Homebirth?

My friend was told she was team pink at her 20 week scan. She had to go back at 34 weeks to check her placenta had moved up only to find her pink bump turned blue! Oops! At least she found out before birth.

The thought of birthing at home, getting into my bath and bed is what I want. Gonna try my midwife again tomorrow. Part of me has a nagging about pph though. I had a molar pregnancy and heamorraged bad so I think that where my worry comes from. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! There's nothing like your own home is there. I so hope it works out for you!

Xxx

My friend was told she was team pink at her 20 week scan. She had to go back at 34 weeks to check her placenta had moved up only to find her pink bump turned blue! Oops! At least she found out before birth.

The thought of birthing at home, getting into my bath and bed is what I want. Gonna try my midwife again tomorrow. Part of me has a nagging about pph though. I had a molar pregnancy and heamorraged bad so I think that where my worry comes from. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! There's nothing like your own home is there. I so hope it works out for you!

Xxx

omgosh I'd freak out haha!

How far away from a hospital are you? We're about a 15 minute drive.
Thank you, and you too!!

PS. I can see you're from Norfolk, I'm so jealous! I used to go on holiday there with my Nanna every year :)

Yeah we are about a 15 minute drive too so not far. Were did you stay in Norfolk? Xx

Wells :) so pretty there, we've been Cornwall on hop for the past 3 years as a family but think we might go Norfolk next year if we can afford a holiday at all!

Some of Norfolk is very pretty!

So Saturday I received a letter from my drs saying I need another blood test and once results are through I need to book to see the dr? I only had my bloods taken Monday so I'm confused why I need another test?! Argh! Soon I'm going hand the towel in a day I'll go to hospital.... Feel so uncertain about everything that it's driving me a bit crazy! Yuk!

Xxx

Some of Norfolk is very pretty!

So Saturday I received a letter from my drs saying I need another blood test and once results are through I need to book to see the dr? I only had my bloods taken Monday so I'm confused why I need another test?! Argh! Soon I'm going hand the towel in a day I'll go to hospital.... Feel so uncertain about everything that it's driving me a bit crazy! Yuk!

Xxx

Did you speak to your Dr? Have you had ferrin levels done as that can be something that's related to anaemia?
Bless you! x

Not yet. I'm booking in for repeat bloods tomorrow and gotta call Thursday to hopefully see the dr then. Ahhhh! Xx

Any update? :)
MW wanted me to wait till consultant appt at almost 37 weeks before having the GBS swab but I asked her to do it today, along with repeat bloods.
Should have both results by Wednesday ...
Got my home visit booked for next Monday! :happydance:
(as long as results come back ok)

Ah that's awesome news you have your homebirth visit booked. I've packed my hospital bag.... Not over the moon about it but the whole bleeding thing has worries me. Hb 9.9 and ferritin 11. Yuk! Now I'm just waiting for this munchkin to show..... Hope I'm in and out of hospital as swiftly as I was with indigo!

Xxx

I'm a veg too and my iron levels are on the lower level (normal for a veg, not a bad thing). One thing I did when I got pregnant is got on a really good supplement that helps my body produce more iron and build iron stores. This has kept my iron on good levels. The supplement is excellent, the company is super clean and there are no fillers. I've been taking it my whole pregnancy and will continue to do so after birth to keep postpartum away. I don't mind sharing the brand if anyone is interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->