Low lying placenta momma's

PurpleIvy44

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I was told I had a low lying placenta at my 20 week ultrasound and to come back around 28-30 weeks to see if it moved up. I'm happy to say that as my uterus has grown my placenta has moved up out of the way. It's about 6" away now, which is a huge relief b/c I don't want a C-section.

For anyone that has one too I will say that the ultrasound tech reiterated that at 20 weeks most cases they all move up and out of the way. It's nothing to be overly concerned about.

She was also breech, which I don't need to worry about at this point, but I'm pretty sure she flipped yesterday b/c I'm now getting kicked at the top of my belly again and I felt hiccups down in my pelvic area. This one is always flip flopping around!

Thanks for this Hun mines low lying I have to have a scan at 34 weeks to check to see if it's moved. X

Thank you for some positive news. Mine was less than 2cm away from my cervix a week ago. I'm going back a week from Monday so they can get more pics they couldn't get last week. Glad yours moved up :)

Thanks for posting this. I also have this and have to go back but not till 36 weeks for a scan to see if it has moved. She told me 95% that it will move

I did waver between being worried and passing it off but when the US tech, nurse , and Dr. all say not to worry that helped a lot. It's always nice to be able to see baby again too. Good luck ladies! :thumbup:

This fills me with hope! Glad yours has moved 😃. Can I ask if yours was anterior or posterior? Coz the thought of being cut while I'm awake feels me with dread. I just know I'll be sick 😱😂. But I would do it if I HAD too

It's posterior as far as I know. I'm the same about the C-section since it's major surgery and I don't want to deal with the long recovery.

It's posterior as far as I know. I'm the same about the C-section since it's major surgery and I don't want to deal with the long recovery.

Thanks Hun. Mine is anterior 😕 also I have a retroverted uterus so not sure how this will pan out. I have a scan at 28 weeks, 32 weeks & 36weeks so praying it has moved

Mines Anterior to they told me these have the most chance of moving rather than low posterior ones so fingers crossed for us gemstone x

Mines Anterior to they told me these have the most chance of moving rather than low posterior ones so fingers crossed for us gemstone x

I was told the other way round lol. Most low lying placentas are typically posterior. And my consultant said given my uterus is titled very far backwards it has a harder job to move 😕 also that if it doesn't move higher risk of a haemorrhage as they would have to cut through the placenta to get baby out and quickly remove placenta. Just makes me shudder

Lol funny how we all get told different things isn't it
They told me because your belly grows out and up front placentas move with that rather than back ones that don't change much
Haa we will Have to wait and see I really don't want a c section
I had a hemoragge after my first son was horrible I was so poorly after wouldn't want that againx.

Lol funny how we all get told different things isn't it
They told me because your belly grows out and up front placentas move with that rather than back ones that don't change much
Haa we will Have to wait and see I really don't want a c section
I had a hemoragge after my first son was horrible I was so poorly after wouldn't want that againx.

It's not nice. I have haemorrhaged every time with the girls. But co of my pre e I'm not able to have the clotting injection after delivery. I really don't want 1 either after 3 normal deliveries. I'm praying this being last baby that I don't have to this time. Praying for us both! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->