Low lying placenta

zoeb1234

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I have been told that I've got a low lying placenta so I was just wondering if anyone else had/has this and can offer advice! Never had it in my 2 previous pregnancies so a little worried! Any advice would be appreciated! On the upside I get to see my little man again with another scan in a few weeks!!

No previous experience from myself but from talking to others who have they often rise as you uterus expands :)

Never experienced this but like Madam Rose said as u get bigger and ure uterus grows the placenta can move up.

This is baby 7 for me and I have been told I have a low lying anterior placenta, iv never had before. I was told chances are it will move as the uterus grows x

I had this with my 3rd It did move up by the time I had a growth scan at around 28 weeks i think x

I have a scan on the 21st July and I will be 25+4 weeks so fingers crossed it has moved up xx thanks for all your replies x

Hello ladies! I have been told that I've got a low lying placenta so I was just wondering if anyone else had/has this and can offer advice! Never had it in my 2 previous pregnancies so a little worried! Any advice would be appreciated! On the upside I get to see my little man again with another scan in a few weeks!!

Yes, I had this with my son - 14 years ago. I was spotting at 19 weeks which is why they diagnosed it. We were told not to have intercourse at all. I still remember the strict nurse telling my DH to stay away from me, as if he might be tempted. I couldn't stop giggling.

Anyway, by the time they scanned me late in pregnancy, the placenta was where it should be, and I had a natural birth with no drugs and no intervention, just like I wanted.

Aside from the instruction for DH to stay away, (which was from the nurse, not the Doctor) there was no other advice I was told to follow. I worked and commuted until 38 weeks - my DS was born a week early at 39 weeks and perfectly healthy.

Please try not to worry xx

Yes, I had this with my son - 14 years ago. I was spotting at 19 weeks which is why they diagnosed it. We were told not to have intercourse at all. I still remember the strict nurse telling my DH to stay away from me, as if he might be tempted. I couldn't stop giggling.

Anyway, by the time they scanned me late in pregnancy, the placenta was where it should be, and I had a natural birth with no drugs and no intervention, just like I wanted.

Aside from the instruction for DH to stay away, (which was from the nurse, not the Doctor) there was no other advice I was told to follow. I worked and commuted until 38 weeks - my DS was born a week early at 39 weeks and perfectly healthy.

Please try not to worry xx

Thanks for the reply,yes my midwife told my OH to stay away lol x

I had low lying placenta with my first and it moved up around the 30 week mark

Mine moved! When I went back at 29w it was good and far enough for my vaginal birth! Ive heard low laying/partial have a much higher chance of moving than complete previa!

I had my 19 week scan on Thursday and got told I have a low lying posterior placenta. I don't see my doctor until next Monday eek. But the tech said I'd need another scan at 32 weeks.

No advice, but both my cousin and a coworker had them. They didn’t find out they were pregnant until 16-18w because of the bleeding. Both went on to have healthy babies. So all I can say is just keep that kind of communication open with your doctor and wishing you all the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->